Getting over your ex

mocha_queen

So how did you ladies (and gentlemen) get over a bad break-up?
Do you have any advice or stories to share?

Im going through a really bad break-up right now and I have been with this person for 2 years. If there is a hell, then im sure this is it.
It feels like losing a family member, especially since he was my closest friend and his family is like my second family.

For now, I just joined a gym and vowed to look and feel better about myself while trying to meet new people, ignore him and thoughts of him and basically just accept that this is the end to our relationship

And I know time more or less heals everything, but I just wish there was a quicker way sometimes.

So what did you do? And did it work?

mmitsjojo

If you want to cry, let it out. Don't hold it in. I did the mistake of holding in my pain and hiding my pain, and one day I just completely broke down. I surrounded myself with my friends every single day. I made sure I had something to do everyday. Talking to the ex only makes it worse. Let time take it's course, and let yourself heal before attempting to be "friends" Be strong! :) It takes time, but eventually the pain will heal. :) Just keep yourself busy, so you don't think too much about it :) Every story has an ending, but a new chapter will open up. "Good things come to an end, so better things can fall into place."

Sarah Afshar

The key to getting over your ex is to simply discover new hobbies in your life to not only enjoy, but to love and appreciate, as well. Joining the gym is a fantastic step. You also want to surround yourself with people who are positive, as well as, optimistic that are motivating and inspiring. You also want to set boundaries and not let everyone into your life. You will never forget what you had, that is certain, however; as time proceeds, you will start to get over him.

mocha_queen

Thats good advice :) I definitely dont want to talk to him for a good while. We've been on and off for a long time and it was only because we tried to be friends right after breaking up.

The key to getting over your ex is to simply discover new hobbies in your life to not only enjoy, but to love and appreciate, as well. Joining the gym is a fantastic step. You also want to surround yourself with people who are positive, as well as, optimistic that are motivating and inspiring. You also want to set boundaries and not let everyone into your life. You will never forget what you had, that is certain, however; as time proceeds, you will start to get over him.

User38

take up chanting.. and if you see him Chant loud and clear.. he will get the message that you are a woman on the verge.. and that he should head south and just go away.

Sarah Afshar

The time is now to make everything about you. I am not saying become a narcissist or even a collectivist, I am saying that you need to definitely concentrate on yourself and those good things you have your life, as well as, potentially good things that are non relationship related. You also want set boundaries, as well as, goals for yourself. There is no person in the world, let alone a man that is worth ruining your spirit, as well as, soul over.

Nzsallyb

totally agree on the distance thing! my ex wanted us to be friends, but for me to get over him, i had to be well away from him, no texts, phone calls, nothing!

i am also a big big fan of getting dressed up, putting on some hot makeup, heels, and a dress and hitting the bars for some flirting!!

mocha_queen

Yeah I know what you mean.
My ex is trying desperately to keep in touch with me now that he is aware that I am slipping away.
He didnt have the time to call me before, but he calls 4 times a day now just to see "how im doing"

This has just been really hard for me, because I know that I probably have to stop talking to him alltogether to move on but I still have a soft spot for him.

Latest posts