getting so fed up ... applying eyeliner to bottom lashes

fadedillusions

i cannot for the life of me do this
it gets too thick of a line even if i just sharpened the liner

or today i tried lining underneath my eyelashes with an eyeshadow and i cant do that either. even though i have 348993 differen brushes (mac, kat von d, professional) what am i doing wrong? everyone makes it look so easy

I use the 266 to line my lower lash line. I either use eye shadow, or I brush the 266 onto eye liner (Like UD 24/7 liners.) and brush it onto my lower lash line. If I do get it too thick I clean it up with a q-tip and some makeup remover. You should also try the 219 to smudge it out and make it look a little smokey.

Little Addict

to line my lower lashes / smudge my upper lash line I use Lancome's 14 brush (I believe ... It's the white one with a straight / flat edge) ...

that's what works for me

Dreamergirl3

Quote:
Originally Posted by holliexoxo88
I use the 266 to line my lower lash line. I either use eye shadow, or I brush the 266 onto eye liner (Like UD 24/7 liners.) and brush it onto my lower lash line. If I do get it too thick I clean it up with a q-tip and some makeup remover. You should also try the 219 to smudge it out and make it look a little smokey.

Ditto! Swipe your brush onto the eyeliner pencil and load it up, then use the brush to line your eyes. I like this way because you can only swipe once or twice for a soft line and it's easy to build up color/thickness from there.

Ode to Joy

I can't do lining underneath my bottom waterline with eyeshadow because my bottom lashes are naturally curled so I can't really get in there with the brush...
th_dunno.gif

Makeupaddict88

Ok this sounds really weird, but I never ever put eyeliner on my lower lids, but it looks like I do. What I do is do it on my waterline, but kinda smudge as I go and it looks like I have it underneath my lashes. After that if it looks to neat, I smudge it a little more with a smudge brush.

onepinkdiamond

The trick is to deposit the color on your lashline. I usually take a 212 brush and sit the bristles right on my lashline. I do that along the bottom until I get the effect I want. I don't really care for the 219 brush to pull this off really. I have small almond eyes so if I smudge to much it can look messy.

What effect are you going for? If it's lining then a 266 should work from the outside corner towards the inner corner. Keep in mind though, the shape of your eye should play a big part in the way you line your eyes. Whatever you do, if you're having trouble achieving the overall effect, start as closely to the waterline and just smudge out (like away from the eye).

Ziya

I use Quo's smudger brush or a disposable foam e/s applicators..you know those crap ones that come with drugstore e/s? they are PERFECT!
greengrin.gif

Also, dab, don't swipe...HTH
th_DANCE.gif