Getting the most out of your MAC palette

lovelyweapon

choochoo.gif

A few of you know what a mission I have been going through trying to find the perfect palette for my makeup. I want a palette that I can take with me to school, work, etc. that will store pressed powder, blush, eyeshadows, my sculpt/shape duos, and so on. I finally found the Goddessy Rx palettes that seem awesome but they are WAY too expensive.

Link:
Amazon.com: The Original Smart Compact: Health & Personal Care

I finally figured it out - I'm going to use my MAC palette! I read on a post here that a few members had done this but I had no idea how.. until today! I removed the dividers and now I can depot and store any pressed powders, blushes, shadows, etc. AND use Stila refills (for powder and shadow) as well as other brands. I'm super excited, so I thought I would just share this with you:

MAC01.jpg

My MAC palette..

MAC02.jpg

Though it was difficult at first, I started tugging at the divider with my nails (yes, ouch) and then finally was able to loosen it up enough to use a fork. I pried it open from top left to right and did not break the "things" on the side that will allow me to pop it back in if I ever wanted to have dividers again (probably never).

MAC03.jpg

My new empty palette!! So much space! I felt relieved.

MAC04.jpg

ssad.gif
I did break off the corner of the bottom left hand side. This was expected since I'm a clutz but it really was because of the way I handled it.

MAC05.jpg

A closeup.

MAC06.jpg

BUUT my shadows are happy! Can't wait to start depotting all my eyeshadows and blushes! For me, the possibilities are endless - Chanel eyeshadows, Stila refills, Trish McEvoy refills, etc. I'll also be purchasing a large mirror to glue gun into my palette. I'm in love with it all over again!

I posted this in the "Recommendations" section because I definitely recommend everyone do this for on-the-go palettes.
thmbup.gif

GlamYOURUs

It is a good idea and it saves $$$ by doing so but I kinda like the palettes aligned and spaced out. Only to prevent fallout, I don't want some colors mixing in with the others.

lovelyweapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
It is a good idea and it saves $$$ by doing so but I kinda like the palettes aligned and spaced out. Only to prevent fallout, I don't want some colors mixing in with the others.

I definitely agree! I have other spare palettes that I use to hold my eyeshadows, but for when I'm taking my makeup on the go I like to use this palette to keep my stuff together and organized
smiles.gif

Leilani78

I did this with my 4 pan palette after seeing Enkore do this with his 15 pan. I can fit six e/s in my 4 pan. The only thing I do not like is the eyeshadow fallout from other shadows.