Giorgio Armani Cosmetics...

Onederland

I personally love the line to itty bitty pieces. I have the LSF, sheer powder, blush... but those three products alone total to about 150.

So while I was in New York, at the SAKS i got a makeover, apparently the MA made me up to look like a male model from the Armani Summer 2005 collection. I must say I LOVED the look. But i dont know if I should spend the money getting the stuff.

As well as Armani being extreamly elusive, and expensive, how do you guys get your hands on it?

Have any of you tried his other products, and what did you like most of the line.

schnebbles

I haven't tried it, but I do have a sample of the luminous silk foundation on the way, I'm dying to try it! Just b/c I read such good reviews on it.

I think it's stupid how hard it is to get, to me that makes no sense. If they could sell more product by having it readily available I don't get their method!

Onederland

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnebbles
I haven't tried it, but I do have a sample of the luminous silk foundation on the way, I'm dying to try it! Just b/c I read such good reviews on it.

I think it's stupid how hard it is to get, to me that makes no sense. If they could sell more product by having it readily available I don't get their method!

I know seriously, well at least now that I've been matched to my LSF, I can just have it shopped to my nearest Saks, which is only a 15 min drive.

But whenever I want a new product, i dont want to drive all the way up to south coast plaza (2 hours) JUST for makeup. Urgh.

Janice

Well, here in Austin we are extremely lucky to have just gotten an armani counter last fall. I had heard alot of good things about the line, but since it was such a hassle to buy I never tried it until we got a counter.

I love his foundations, I use the matte silk and it's a dream. I also have purchased some fluid sheers and eye products and his micro-fil powder (which is a MUST HAVE if you use his foundations).

I don't think the lipglosses are unique enough or nice enough to justify the $$$ though.

I think if you loved the look and it made you feel great you should spend the money.

A good piece of advice that I once received is "It's fine to be a bargain shopper, but you have to know when to splurge".
greengrin.gif

schnebbles

Quote:
I also have purchased some fluid sheers and eye products and his micro-fil powder (which is a MUST HAVE if you use his foundations

Why? To set it? I'm just dying to have my sample come. Someone helped me find a contact at SAKS NY (she must be a member of MUA and works at the Armani counter there), so I called her and told her what MAC shade I use and she is mailing me a sample.

I'm hoping she sends 2 shades, but if not, at least I'll have an idea.

I live in IN and we have no SAKS in the state, I think Chicago would be my best bet which is 2 hrs. We don't even have a Sephora!

Is it only SAKS who carry the GA?

Onederland

Quote:
Is it only SAKS who carry the GA?

No...Giorgio Armani Boutiques carry it too. As well as very VERY FEW select Nordstroms, actually, the only Nordstrom I know that carries it is the one in South Coast Plaza..which is where i get my Armani cosmetics.

Janice

Quote:

Why? To set it?

No, though setting it IS something the MA's made sound very important about the product. The reason why I think it's a must have it because the finish is incredible. I have LM translucent loose setting powder, as well T. LeClerc and neither of them give the effect of GA's finish.

Elorien

We have a counter here in Vancouver.. but I'm deteremined NOT to look at it or I'll be too tempted. :p

smilezlie

dang nabit i dont wanna have to go to south coast. grr. that place has too many nice expensive stores that i want to spend money in. why cant they get one in the crappy brea mall? jk.

beautifulxdisaster

South Coast Plaza is only 10 minutes away from me but still... I have no car!!

grrr. Well anyways, how much does the luminous foundation cost?

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulxdisaster
grrr. Well anyways, how much does the luminous foundation cost?

$50

lenjhn

I received a sample of the LSF in #6 and the color is perfect! I need the MSF though. The glosses feel so nice on your lips, definitely different from Stila or MAC I think. I'm guessing the best way to obtain GA is to call a counter and have them ship it to you (and hope they don't charge shipping.)
smiles.gif