Glad to be here!!!

NaturalSister19

wavey.gif
Hello Specktra!

My name is Jennifer James and I am a Professional Make-Up Artist from Detroit, MI. I fell in love with Make-Up as a teen and got my first professional job as Second Make-Up Artist for the Miss Michigan USA Pageant Preliminary Competition at the age of 18.

I am currently on my second re-locate to NYC. The other one occured in 1989 (my introduction to M A C happened then) when I hit 'the city' to persue a modeling career. I supplemented my income as Make-Up Artist and Nail Tech.

I did OK, but my roots always stayed with BEAUTY.

I earned my Nail Technology License through a Vo-Tech program in high school and that was my main job from the age of 14 until 2003. When I lived in NY the first time, I worked at the Firoze` Salon des` ongle on the upper-east side. She was great to work for and it was awesome when she would go do editorial shoots for all of the top fashion publications. Her client list is star/model studded.

As a Make-Up Artist, I am pretty much self taught - I have also earned many certifications and completed many Make-Up Artistry training courses over the years. I also regularly attend www.themakeupshow.com (FEB 24-25, 2008 Miami Beach Convention Center) and I will be in LA next week (JUN 23-24, 2007) for www.themakeupartistshow.com. The education that you can obtain at these shows is invaluable. Hope to see some of you there and in Miami in February. I am on an on-going quest to learn more and more and will take more training courses, and attend more classes & seminars in the future.

I retired from being a Nail-Tech to go into retail full-time as the Cosmetics and Beauty Director for a small department store (Barney's, Henri Bendel size and style) in Detroit called Julian Scott Department Store. The store remained open for just a year (undercapitalized) but I herald my experiences there as the catalyst for my total resurgence as a full-time Freelance Make-Up Artist.

So here I am today!

Janice

Glad to have you with us Jennifer, it's a pleasure and a honor to have someone with your background on board with us. Welcome!
wavey.gif

Trashionista

Hi Jennifer!!

Wow, we have a lot in common -- I am a makeup artist (and fashion writer) with a background in modeling and started working in the beauty industry at age 14 too!!!

Welcome!

MAC_Whore

Thanks for the intro. Good read.
smiles.gif
It's lovely to have you here. I look forward to your contributions.

Latest posts