Glam Gams and Plushglass on website!

charismaticlime

cheerleader.gif

charismaticlime

Hehe...
At first I only saw Plushglass, and I thought 'no big'.
But when I got back and saw Glam Gams up, I got all excited!
Thank goodness the spray is only $27.50CAD, especially since the the 185 Body Buffer Brush is soo expensive.

thelove4tequila

I want to try the new brush 185. But don't want/need the spray. I'm thinking it will be useless if I don't get the spray because it's probably pretty big. I wonder how big the brush is?......

charismaticlime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasevayadancer
I am definitely getting the tanning gel, not sure about the brush. I wonder if that is an absolute necessity...

Ditto that. But the Sundressing body sprays were released last year, and they didn't have a brush for it then, so I'm guessing it's not necessary.

Krasevayadancer

Sounds good to me
smiles.gif

By the way, looks like I am not the only one sitting at work and browsing specktra like its going out of style, haha

Krasevayadancer

And of course I went on live chat to find out more:
info: Hello. Thank you for your interest in MAC Cosmetics. My name is Dianna. How may I assist you?
Adina: Hello Dianna, I actually have a couple of questions about the glam gams collection
Adina: first off- is this a temporary product that washes off, or does the color stay on after showering?
Dianna: Hi Adina! Sundressing is like a body bronzer (makeup) and it washes off (it does not self tan).
Adina: also, i am nw20, what color would you recommend for me?
Dianna: Go with shade Medium for your skin tone.
Adina: what is the drying time on the product once it is applied?
Dianna: It dries very quickly as it is a mousse.
Adina: also, what is the finish on this product (is it glittery, satiny, dewy, etc) once applied?
Adina: and i worry about color transfer onto my clothing, i had that problem with an older product
Dianna: It has a natural but subtle sheen/shimmer to it once it dries down.
Adina: can you tell me more about the 185? is it necessary for the product or can the mousse be applied with another tool (or hands)
Dianna: With normal activity it will not transfer onto clothing. It is makeup, so, I would not wear it with a white dress, for example.
Dianna: We suggest using the #185 for a smooth, even look. You can certainly apply with your hands or another tool if you want. The #185 is flat, firm, and larger and makes applying to the body easier and more smooth.
Adina: how does it sit in the hand? how big is it?
Adina: the handle looks very short
Dianna: It is short like a buffer brush, very easy to handle. Are you familiar with our #182 Buffer Brush?
Adina: yes, i am
Dianna: Ok, its the same idea except the circumference of the brush itself is wider and larger. I apologize, but I do not have the actual dimensions in my notes.

And there you have it, the 411
smiles.gif

MAC_Whore

I just bought the Nars Kabuki Botan brush and I thought that it would probably be pretty close to the new MAC #185 (based on the description posted here on Specktra) and it seems very similar now that I have seen the MAC pic. Of course it is hard to tell for sure until you feel the make and density of the fibres. The Nars brush has a fatter (less ergonomic) handle from what I can tell. The fibres on the Nars brush are very dense.

Here they are side by side:

00NarsKabuki-Botan.jpg

00MAC185.jpg

And if you think the MAC 185 is pricey at $52, I was a dumbass and paid $75.00 for the Nars.
ssad.gif