Glimmershimmer VS. Highlight Powder?

greyredroses

So, I bought a Glimmershimmer in Loves Pink during the Barbie promo. My sweetest MA applied it but, she also applied the Balloonacy Highlight Powder in Hulabalu (before it came out), on the other side of my face. I took a crappy cellphone pic of it but you could still see the sparkle. At this point, I have no idea which side is which
ssad.gif

Has anyone used these products, alone or together?

I'm thinking they're the same: one is wet app. and one is dry??

Opinions on 1 or the other?

Also, I'm happy to report, I'm so over Balloonacy!!!

saniyairshad

I hated the Highlighting Powders from baloonacy, they r chalky etc. Glimmershimmer is more dewy and glowy...i hope this helps

greyredroses

Quote:
Originally Posted by saniyairshad
I hated the Highlighting Powders from baloonacy, they r chalky etc. Glimmershimmer is more dewy and glowy...i hope this helps

i also heard that those higlight powders only have shimmer on the top, and not mixed in. is that true?

saniyairshad

Highlight Powders in general are shimmer in a powder form but because glimmershimmer are creamier, the sklin absorbs them u glow from the inside. I know that sounds like a cliche but it's true
I see the difference when I wear the two

calbear

The highlight powders have an overspray of sparkle on the top. It does not go all the way through.

greyredroses

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbear
The highlight powders have an overspray of sparkle on the top. It does not go all the way through.

EW. No, no, no MAC! Aw well.

mistella

I love Glimmershimmers. it gives a nice glow but it's not too much shimmer. I apply it with the 188 brush for an airbrushed finish.

greyredroses

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistella
I love Glimmershimmers. it gives a nice glow but it's not too much shimmer. I apply it with the 188 brush for an airbrushed finish.

Oooo, my MAC MA talked me into getting that brush and I did but it was for applying highlight powder...which wasn't out yet when I bought it so, I returned it
ssad.gif

I was applying the Glimmershimmer with my fingers...? I'll try it with a brush!

calbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyredroses
Oooo, my MAC MA talked me into getting that brush and I did but it was for applying highlight powder...which wasn't out yet when I bought it so, I returned it
ssad.gif

I was applying the Glimmershimmer with my fingers...? I'll try it with a brush!

Actually the 188 is good for any highlighter not just the actual hilight powders. Whatever you use to highlight - whether it's an msf, glimmer shimmer or pigment it works great.

MisStarrlight

I <3 Loves Pink...it's become my new daily blush.

The highlight powders make me angry that they don't have the shimmer all the way through...they look so pretty-until you use them. I won't buy one, but if we get them in gratis, I won't complain.

greyredroses

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisStarrlight
I <3 Loves Pink...it's become my new daily blush.

The highlight powders make me angry that they don't have the shimmer all the way through...they look so pretty-until you use them. I won't buy one, but if we get them in gratis, I won't complain.

Yeah, I see those Highlight Powders are sort of a novelty. Maybe just for the ladies with huge collections?

THE GLIMMERSHIMMERS WIN!