Glitter eyeliners

Whats the big deal about them?
th_dunno.gif
Even though I'm not a huge fan about shimmers and glitters i rather have them on my lids,crease or highlight. I am a Matte kind of girl all the way. I just feel like glitter eyeliners make me feel like a little girl and I dont own one yet but I plan on getting one or two from the HK collection but i dont think glitter liners are good for a daily look....please give your opinion or suggestions on when they are best worn..

Shenanigans

Are we talking about the liquid glitter liners, or a solid, like the pearlglides? I wear pearlglides to work, they are more shimmery than glittery to me. Liquid glitter liners I save for clubbing.

In general. I mean glitter on your liner is kind of the same whether its in a pencil or a gel..i get that gel and pencil make a big difference in finish but its the glitter part i just cant visualize using...i guess what i would like to know is which liners are good with what..i think i would perfer the glitter LLL rather then the pencil.

BunnyBunnyBunny

I looove MAC's liquid glitter liners. They are made with a finer glitter than say, Urban Decay's glitter liners and also contain several different colors in one tube which gives more of a dimensional look. They're perfect with a matte eyeshadow eye because one swipe across the lashline gives a subtle glitz, but it applies sheer enough to not be too overpowering. Love them!!! WISH THEY WERE IN METAL URGGEEEE! But yeah. You should try one when Hello Kitty comes out if you decide to have your makeup done. They're fun. I especially love the brown and blue ones.

abbyquack

I love these too, especially the white/clear one and the black one (to go over black liner). For some reason these just really set a look. If I'm not 100% happy w/ a look, I just apply these on the liner and it's hard to describe but it's just like voila! lol. I like the effect it does to my eyes. As one of MAC's artists, Victor C says "GLITTER! I always say- if you're not completely happy with a make up or a body painting design- not to worry, just add some glitter and it will be fine!" LOL. And I don't really like glitter pencils, just these for some reason.

lara

Glitter and shimmer liners needn't be always OTT. I use them a lot in my irregular FOTDs and I could never be accused of looking like a drag queen.
smiles.gif

One of my favourite liners of all time is Too Faced's glitter eyeliner in 'Restraining Order'. Used over brown/black/grey/dark green/navy eyeliner it comes out as a lustrous shimmer, not a super high sparkle bling-o-rama.

They're something that just require a little bit of trial and error.

GlamQueen21

I have some NYX Glitter Liners and they are awesome! I don't use them everyday and I will only wear them if I go out clubbing one day lol

TISH1124

Was Nightsky a glitter liner? I have that and I always saw a little sparkle here and there when I wore it...Although, I only wore it once....

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Was Nightsky a glitter liner? I have that and I always saw a little sparkle here and there when I wore it...Although, I only wore it once....

it was a softsparkle pencil. the only official glitter liners are the liquid glitter liners. everything else is pearlglide, softsparkle, or kohl powers.