Glitter Liners

gravity

So, last night I was going out so I decided to put my Glitter Eyeliner in For the Boys on for the firs time (had it a while, never used it). Painted it on, looked beautiful, went out feeling very happy.

But when I went to the ladies at the bar, I looked in the mirror and there was a big gap on one of my eyes! The liner had started flaking and falling off. I rubbed the line gently and it all just fell off.

Is there a magic way of making this stuff stay on? Am I doing something wrong? Or have you guys noticed this too?

hull_d

I have a couple of the glitter eyeliners and once on nothing will shift them - even the normal eye makeup remover has trouble getting them off and the next day I can still see some of the glitter. I simply put it on and let it dry for about a minute before putting on mascara - nothing special. How long have you had the eyeliner? Maybe they lose their ~stickiness~ after a time?

Ella_

do you have oily lids? I do and I have the same problem with my glitter liners.
ssad.gif

gravity

I don't have oily lids at all... usually get very little creasing with eyeshadow even without primer. I didn't use primer yesterday as I put the glitterliner on top of my day makeup - just Woodwinked e/s. I think the liner is quite old, maybe it isn't as good as it once was?

I was considering getting the Oxidate one from Jewelescent cos the effect is so pretty.. but I dunno if I want to spend the money if it doesn't stay on me!

princess

My MA told me to do my regular eyeliner first, than use the glitter liner over it. Haven't tried it yet though.
hmm.gif

Joke

Oh I cannot tell you how I hate the glitter liners LOL.
It's just that my eye still hurts when I think of them!
The liner flaked too and bits got into my eye ... so painfull!

ChynaSkye

the original glitter liners were so-so, but the new ones (the colors are all the same with also some new shades) are now made with smaller glitter. this new formula is more refined and from what i have seen are SO much better. they stay on better and dont flake off (if you rub hard enough they will of course but you would hurt your eye fist lol). honestly good stuff
thmbup.gif

stellarx1587

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess
My MA told me to do my regular eyeliner first, than use the glitter liner over it. Haven't tried it yet though.
hmm.gif

That's actually how I do it and it works a WHOLE lot better than just using it by itself. It'll stay on for days when you do it like that.
greengrin.gif

rilo_kiley

Wow! I'm actually loving mine at the moment.. I bought the Divine Lime one last night.. put three layers on each eye ( on top of my existing makeup ) and forgot to take it off..

This morning I woke up with everything still in place..!! I LOVE THIS STUFF!!

BlahWah

I only have flaking problems at the corner of my eyes because of the creases, but it stays on everywhere else.. perhaps it is the new formula that makes it better? I heard that Copperfield was a particular flaker but I think it's one w/ the old formula (Tantress collection). I haven't had a problem w/ the liners at all. =D

gravity

Thanks for the responses girls... Maybe I'll try an Oxidate after all if the new ones are better
smiles.gif

Latest posts