Glitter

DaizyDeath

ok so i own some jars of mac glitter and ben nye glitter [which is about the same as consistancy as mac maybe just a bit chunkier] but anyways to my question after i got all this glitter i was like ehhh how do i get it to stick? so i got the ben nye glitter glue which comes with an almost nail polish like brush and i mostly wanted the glitter to use as a type of eyeliner kinda thing... and the glue is soo water like when i try to put it onto the part i want i dip it into my eyeliner brush so i can get a smaller glue line but still it makes a huge mess!

the annoyance! is there a better way? beacuse i live right next to a pro store and i love buying the glitter but im not going to anymore if i cant keep it in place beacuse what the point?

[to mods if this is in the wrong place feel free to move]

Shawna

Get the MAC pro eyeliner mixing medium. It is a gel consistency and you can custom blend your glitter eyeliner on the back of your hand and then apply it. Then if you really want more glitter, you can gently tap the glitter onto your liner. The gel takes about 20 seconds to dry so if you work fast and only do one eye at a time you can easily accomplish it. Hth
smiles.gif

Sanne

go to that prostore and get a sample of mixing medium eyeliner. I love that stuff it is a thick gel, and it holds glitter pretty good imo, and I think it's easy to use.

KJam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna
Get the MAC pro eyeliner mixing medium. It is a gel consistency and you can custom blend your glitter eyeliner on the back of your hand and then apply it. Then if you really want more glitter, you can gently tap the glitter onto your liner. The gel takes about 20 seconds to dry so if you work fast and only do one eye at a time you can easily accomplish it. Hth
smiles.gif

Ditto - the stuff is fabulous. I use pigment, the mixing medium, and glitter to custom make my own glitter liner. It's fabulous!

BadBadGirl

I was contemplating buying the Ben Nye glitter too! I don't think I will after reading this....it's just so hard to find hot pink glitter.

roxybc

I've used hair gel before. I went to the craft store, bought a very fine paint brush almost identical to the brush that the glitter liners come with, and then I dipped the brush into the gel, and then very lightly into the glitter, and applied it to my eye. It worked great, stayed on all day, and didn't flake off. You can also mix it up on a smooth surface, of the back of your hand.

baby_love

another vote for the eyeliner mixing medium. also, I've used liquidlast liners and dabbed the glitter on while it's still wet. it sticks and stays on forever.