Glossy Metallic Eyes

Ode to Joy

These two pictures have been stuck in my inspiration folder for a while, but I can't figure out how to achieve this look, even my MAC pigments don't come close!

14lreqr.jpg

The first one is by Troy Jensen, and as usually the products he mentioned can't really be what he was using on her!

TROY JENSEN

1562369.jpg

This look is by awesome MUA user Nikki16519 who used SK's Showstoppers Quad to create it. Unfortunately that quad has gotten bad reviews and is not easy to get outside of the US, so that one is no option for me.

My best idea would be Kryolan Metallic Aquacolors, what do you think?

Junkie

It looks kinda greenish gold on my monitor....

I'd try Humid all over the lid extended past the crease a bit with foiled Gilt by Association overtop, and Retrospeck in the inner corners/inner v - and then extended up over the crease (maybe a little bit of Sunnydaze or Copperized pigment overtop that). And then just a subtle highlight under the brow - maybe Brule. And then bring the Humid & GBA 3/4 of the way in on the lower lashline. If you want more smokey, add some Black Tied or Carbon in the outer V and LOADS of mascara, maybe some fake lashes.

kaliraksha

I don't know how practical it is or how you get it to stay on in this heat (at least for me in TX)... but I've read multiple times that a little Vaseline in the center will give you that shine. While it looks great for a photo (I've tried), I don't think it had much staying power.

dbecker87

Also remember that in a photoshoot the lighting is WAY different. Products may look super glossy and wet under photoshoot conditions, but not IRL.

However, I would try foiling MES.

MACATTAK

The looks seem to have some type of gloss or something tacky on top of them. Unfortunately, those types of things will crease like crazy (as you can tell from the second picture). I'd suggest using a fine glitter on top of your shadows. If you are using a black shadow, a fine black glitter would be ideal. To me, the first picture looks like there could be some Reflects Antique Gold on top of the shadow, and I think the reflects glitters might also work well for this type of look.

GLAMORandGORE

honestly, both looks look like they just used glitter to get the glossy effect. in the first one it looks like a deep green shadow with gold glitter, and the second looks like silver glitter in the middle of the lid. when you use shadows wet it also looks slightly more glossy.

Meisje

I think it's just glitter/shimmer products under heavy lighting.

All the blogs I've read where the person has actually done glossy eyes (actually using Vaseline or whatever), the eye makeup has only lasted a very short time... things crease, move around. So it would be okay for a photo shoot, but not to wear out.

LC

I use MACs multi use glosses and put a thin layer of whatever color eyeshadow i want on top.

Ode to Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meisje
I think it's just glitter/shimmer products under heavy lighting.

All the blogs I've read where the person has actually done glossy eyes (actually using Vaseline or whatever), the eye makeup has only lasted a very short time... things crease, move around. So it would be okay for a photo shoot, but not to wear out.

Thanks to my super oily lids I am not even going to try this
winks.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC
I use MACs multi use glosses and put a thin layer of whatever color eyeshadow i want on top.

That sounds great in theory, I would like to know how the gloss wears (i could only find a clear one on macpro) for the average user?
I had been eyeing something similar in a makeup artist store, but that one was way too sticky to use for anything besides the stage and photoshoots.
Thanks!

LC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ode to Joy
That sounds great in theory, I would like to know how the gloss wears (i could only find a clear one on macpro) for the average user?
I had been eyeing something similar in a makeup artist store, but that one was way too sticky to use for anything besides the stage and photoshoots.
Thanks!

You're looking at the wrong product...
I'm referring to this product:
gloss.jpg

I think theyre hard to find now. The average user wouldn't want to use it, it creases after so long. I only use it for shoots. There's really nothing that won't crease after 15 minutes, this glossy look is best left to the sets

user79

You can fake the illusion of gloss by using matte colors on the inner and outer corner, and using a cream shadow or glitter with high shine on the center of the lid only. It creates a glossy effect without creasing and actually using gloss.It looks like that's what's been done in picture 2.

Oh, the Illamasqua liquid metals work great for this.

Latest posts