Going Bananas combos.

heavenlydemonik

What's your favorite look with going bananas? I read a whole bunch of posts on how people love it and it's a really pretty yellow but I have no idea what to wear it with... Any suggestions?

silentstorm143

I just got going bananas with this collection and I do love it. I wore it in the inner corner with lucky green on lid and sassy grass in the crease- LOVE IT but I'm a green fanatic. I think you can pair it with whatever you want depending on the look you are aiming for. Pair it with coppers pinks or oranges for a sunset type look or pair it with purples to amp it up. HTH

heavenlydemonik

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentstorm143
I just got going bananas with this collection and I do love it. I wore it in the inner corner with lucky green on lid and sassy grass in the crease- LOVE IT but I'm a green fanatic. I think you can pair it with whatever you want depending on the look you are aiming for. Pair it with coppers pinks or oranges for a sunset type look or pair it with purples to amp it up. HTH

That does sound pretty! I'll try that sometime. I decided to just try something random with it today and it turned out really pretty. I used Louder, please all over the lid with a tiny bit vibrant grape over it to make it a little bit more maroon-y then used Going Bananas in the crease and it looked really good.

Goat Goat Etc.

*whips out the colour wheel*

Tons of things!

Navys, browns, tans, black, white, metallics...

primaries: reds, yellows, blues
secondary: greens, purples, oranges
tertiary: teals, blue-greens, blue-violets, red-violets, red-oranges, yellow-oranges, yellow-greens...
mixed w/ white (tints): apricot, rose, pink, violet-rose, lilac, periwinkle, sky blue, sea foam, sherbets...
mixed w/ blk (shades): deep blue-green, lapis, navy, deepest eggplant, deep plum, tomato paste red, adobe red...

I don't have Going Bananas but have taken a swipe...I'd use it with a deep plumage-y (deep green-blue) shade I have, golden rod, a medium golden brown, and teddy eye kohl.
yes.gif

Maybe top and bottom lining with Teddy, smoke the bottom w/ brown, teal lid, and gold rod w/ going bananas fading it out and in the inner corner. Or lid brown, teal liner, blend and fade going bananas on the brown. *shrugs* lotta options. HTH

silentstorm143

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavenlydemonik
That does sound pretty! I'll try that sometime. I decided to just try something random with it today and it turned out really pretty. I used Louder, please all over the lid with a tiny bit vibrant grape over it to make it a little bit more maroon-y then used Going Bananas in the crease and it looked really good.

Yours sounds very pretty as well. I notice that sometimes the more random I am the prettier the look turns out to be.

L281173

I love Going Bananas with many different combination.

I love to use this color with Vanilla Pigment all over the lid. Carbon eyeshadow in the crease and the Going Bananas as a highlighter.

Humid and Going Bananas is also another great combination. I wore that to a party last night.

LC

there's so many options, really.

goin bananas + greens
goin bananas + blues
goin bananas + oranges + pinks for a cute sunset look
goin bananas + browns
goin bananas + lavender and purple
goin bananas + copper

you can pair it with anything. pairing it with brown in the crease will be the least in-you-face combo

p3chiu

You should check out this link:

What would you pair with MAC Going Bananas Eyeshadow?

For me, I like wearing Going Bananas on my inner lid, MAC Lucky Green in the middle lid, and MAC Da Bling on the crease/outerlid. I use MAC Naked Lunch to highlight, L’Oreal HIP Chrome eyeliner in Violet Volt to line my eyes, and MAC Plushlash mascara. I use MAC Bombshell lipstick for my lips.

Latest posts