going from blonde to red?

xkriss

SO about two months ago I got the top portion of my hair bleached. For awhile I liked it but now it just seems blah and I feel like I'd look much better with my hair a solid color. Problem is I don't know what dye to use that won't turn out orange. I'm hoping for a burgundy color but I don't know if it's possible... help? :confused:

honestly, I would get it done at a salon! If you are strapped for cash go to a cosmo school (lol, I go to cosmo school)

but if you want to go at it on your own, this is basically what I know. If you are going from a blonde colour and want something more like a burgundy colour - you aren't going to have much luck putting one colour on your head and getting a uniform result. So you'll need to "fill" the blond portion with a copper colour, and THEN put on the darker burgundy colour.
Don't go for a box dye at the supermarket, try to pick something up from sallys. I bet they'd be able to help you too!

purrtykitty

Yeah, if you're blonde and going that drastic, I'd do a salon, too. And that's a great suggestion from happy that if you're strapped for cash to go to a cosmo school...I've had highlights done there before, and the supervisors will make sure you don't walk out looking like a clown, unless you want to!
th_wink3.gif

xsnowwhite

i also agree to see a salon but if you really cant, i have heard to go brunette first(where you want the red) if you're blonde, just so the red doesn't stain the blonde too bad because otherwise it could turn out pinkish after it begins to fade.

V15U4L_3RR0R

If you want to use a permanent colour then I don't think you'd have too much problem but you may well need to pigment your hair a bit first. But fading wise I don't see problem.