Going To Cali

juxt123

So im going to be on vacation staying in Santa Monica from this tuesday to monday..this is my first time in california..i'll probably be going to los angles,hollywood,etc...please please please tell me stores or places i need to visit whether they are makeup related and not!

I def wanna go to the pro store..but im also curious about the duty free shops?
thanks<33

kimmy

there's a ton of cute little shops on the pier/boardwalk in santa monica.
smiles.gif

ksanayy

if u like cars or intrested in seeing the new cars for 2009 l.a auto show i think till next sunday only 10 bucks [i went there today it was intresting]
pinks hotdog is always good yum its off melrose and la brea i think or fairfax either one.
the grove mall 2 blocks away from mac pro store off robertson drive.

ohnna-lee

The Third street Promenade, wear comfy shoes, it's a number of blocks of stores boutiques and restaurants.

eye_pr0mise

i agree 3rd street is a great place to go.
if you're down to go to any clubs this week then
let me know. i promote for clubs around hollywood.
:)
aim sn: "eyepr0mise"
btw, hope you have fun here in hollywood !!

emeraldjewels

I'm another vote for 3rd Street Promenade.

It has loads of brilliant shops, If you want to eat in an authentic diner go to Johnny Rockets, it even has dukeboxes.

NatalieMT

I've been to Santa Monica a few times now, usually stay on Ocean Ave at a place called The Georgian. Love the fact it's right on the beach as it's a really lovely, clean one. Pier is nice aswell, go on the big wheel and take pictures from the top, they come out great.

I've done the touristy things in LA like go on the Hollywood Homes tours and the whole Mann's Chinese Theatre, Walk of Fame etc. It's nice to say you've been there and seen it atleast, personally I didn't find it particularly interesting. I did however go on the WB tour in Burbank which was good fun.

Shopping I'd also go for the 3rd street promenade, nice shopping centre around there too. Wasn't finished when I was last there but I'm sure it is now, they had a Sanrio shop which was uber cute! Clubs, no ideas I'm not 21 so can't drink etc in the USA.

Restaurants well there are SO many along Ocean Ave. like Ocean Avenue Saefood and iCugini, they are my favourites. There is something for everyone though! Hope you have fun!