Gold e/s suggestion

missmari79

I need a gold eyeshadow. I'm looking for a true metallic foil-like gold. Thanks for your help
smiles.gif

lethaldesign

Goldmine is my fave perm gold. If you are looking for more of a metallic finish, you should go with the Gold metal pigment... its a Pro shade.

j_absinthe

Well, if you want an intense, metallic feel, your best bet might be found in using pigments.

Try Rose Gold pro pigment. I find that Gold pro pig is a bit too yellow and unnatural.

MisaMayah

I was searching for my perfect gold shadow..after buying so many from lots of different brands I found Bare Escentuals True Gold glimmer. It's amazing, it is a true gold colour, very shimmery but if you pat it onto your eyelid instead of brushing it on, it looks amazing!!!
And you can also use the foiling technique where you wet your brush dip it in the pot and apply it to your lid over your eyeshadow and it gives a beautiful gold shimmer.

me_jelly

For a true metallic foil gold - definitely gold pro pigment - nothing even comes close to it!

jenii

Well, my favorite gold ever is Fyrinnae's Aztec Gold. They do other gold colors, though. Aztec Gold is a deep gold with a slightly green tinge, but I believe they do a few different kinds of gold.

And I know at least Aztec Gold has a very metallic foil sort of finish to it. I'm sure their other golds will be just as metallic. They have some really great eyeshadows.

http://www.fyrinnae.com/index.php?cPath=24_29_69_73

That page has all the gold, silver, and copper shades by Fyrinnae.

You might also try their Professional Colour in "Shrouded In Gold." That sounds like what you're looking for:

http://www.fyrinnae.com/product_info...roducts_id=583

Hope that helps!

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenii
Well, my favorite gold ever is Fyrinnae's Aztec Gold. They do other gold colors, though. Aztec Gold is a deep gold with a slightly green tinge, but I believe they do a few different kinds of gold.

And I know at least Aztec Gold has a very metallic foil sort of finish to it. I'm sure their other golds will be just as metallic. They have some really great eyeshadows.

http://www.fyrinnae.com/index.php?cPath=24_29_69_73

That page has all the gold, silver, and copper shades by Fyrinnae.

You might also try their Professional Colour in "Shrouded In Gold." That sounds like what you're looking for:

http://www.fyrinnae.com/product_info...roducts_id=583

Hope that helps!

Jenii--sorry to get off topic but wow Fyrinnae has some pretty colors--and sooooo cheap!! do you have a lot of eyeshadows from there? are they worth it? thanks!
smiles.gif

j_absinthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
Jenii--sorry to get off topic but wow Fyrinnae has some pretty colors--and sooooo cheap!! do you have a lot of eyeshadows from there? are they worth it? thanks!
smiles.gif

Oooh, yes! Thanks for the link, jenii!

jenii

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
do you have a lot of eyeshadows from there? are they worth it? thanks!
smiles.gif

I've got a few, and I love 'em! Great textures, very blendable, and fantastic color payoff.

I'm gonna make another order sometime soon. They have an e/s called Bastet that is black with gold sparkle. The gold sparkle is really visible in it, so I must have it!
greengrin.gif

dirtyMartini

I recently bought a Lumiere gold shadow (mineral), the shade is called 24K Gold. I'm still undecided about the quality and whether I would recommend it at all, but it's definitely different from regular eye shadows. I guess my big problem with it is that it's loaded with tiny little sparkles and they are hard to work with. It is very very metallic when wet, which is maybe what you're looking for, but for me it doesn't really work because it accentuates the wrinkles in my eye (and I'm not old, lol!). What I end up doing is applying it wet, and then patting on some more shadow with a dry brush over the top, which seems to give the best metallic result.

The shade is definitely a true gold though. I'll post a pic when I get back from work...

dirtyMartini

Ok as promised, I've uploaded some pics of the shadow..

Lumiere Deep Plum and 24K Gold
LumiereDeepPlum-24KGold-v3.jpg

LumiereDeepPlum-24KGold-v2.jpg

Lumiere Deep Plum in the crease and 24K Gold on the lid
On this eye I've only swiped the wet brush across the lid, without patting on more dry shadow over the top. Brush was wet with 3 parts water, 1 part glycerin mixture.
LumiereDeepPlum-24KGold-v5.jpg

On this eye I've patted some dry shadow over the top.
LumiereDeepPlum-24KGold-v6.jpg

LumiereDeepPlum-24KGold-v4.jpg

j_absinthe

That's goregous, Martini. I don't think it's that bad in your creases, it just seems to give it a foil-like quality.

missmari79

Thanks sooooo much martini that is the exact color I'm trying to find. I'm surfing the web to find their site right now!!!!!!!!!!
cheerleader.gif
cheerleader.gif
cheerleader.gif

janwa09

If you wanna stick with gold e/s try Shu Uemura...their gold e/s are really metallic I'm sure you'll find a shade you'll like.