Gold quincenera makeup??

LaChinita

My boyfriend's sister is coming out in a quincenera and they've asked me to do her makeup for that day. What would you guys recommend for a 12-year old, nothing too over the top, but pretty and natural? The dress is going to be gold, so she wants to match the makeup with a nice, shimmery gold.

Any color combos you recommend would help! Should I do just a simple wash of gold shimmer on the lid, or use another color for the crease for a little definition? Eyeliner or not? Blush? What gold shades would be good for her skintone? Help!!! I don't want her to look too old, but yet I want to give her a pretty, unique look!

P.S. She has a nice, caramel brown skincolor with olive tones in it. I think she would be a NC 45.

amoona

Honestly not to sound rude but I couldnt do a 12 year old's make-up, give her some lip gloss and call it a day. When I get little girls coming to the counter wanting to get their make-up done I give them Teddy eye pencile and some gloss.

nunu

i suggest a goldish shimmery eyeshadow, a touch of light brush n lipgloss. hth

eastsidesunset

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraAmericana
Is it her Quinceanera? Because then she is 15 yrs old

I was just thinking the same thing. Either that or My Super Sweet Sixteen is making everyone and their mother want a party for no reason, haha.

OP- I say keep it simple. She's young, lipgloss and a little eyeshadow is more than enough.

LaChinita

Thanks for the suggestions, ladies. No, it's not her quince; she's just one of the girls who come out for the dance and stuff. Don't know exactly what they're called.

Amoona I know exactly where you're coming from, that's why I wanted some tips for what you ladies think is conservative enough. Still, I think she can wear a bit of makeup for a special event, as long as it's not too much. It's not everyday makeup wear.

Thanks for the tips, ladies. I'm actually not even going to use foundation on her because her skin is already perfect! We'll try the gold shimmer on her with some clear gloss and see how she (and her parents) like it. She's very excited!
smiles.gif

CaraAmericana

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandgirl
she's just one of the girls who come out for the dance and stuff. Don't know exactly what they're called.

A Dama.

And this is a special occassion so a little makeup is ok, you're right.

jilliandanica

give her a really natural glow that will show well in pictures...

Sunbasque Sheertone shimmer blush on her apples and maybe shimpagne/global glow to add some highlight

Love nectar on her lips to give it a soft pink gold.

Buried treasure or Orpheus liner and some mascara.

LaChinita

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraAmericana
A Dama.

Yup! I remember now...they're "damas".
smiles.gif

I like the idea of using a shimmer blush on her cheeks!! It's subtle, but it's there. When I first started getting into makeup I didn't know about MSFs or shimmer blushes, but always wondered what made that glow on a person's face.
smiles.gif

L281173

Quinceniera is a coming out celebration that is equivalent to the American Sweet Sixteen. I would recommend a soft gold eyeshadow which a hint of soft brown lipgloss.

Latest posts