Goldmine+Gorgeous Gold+?+?=A Quad For My Mom

thelove4tequila

I need some help! I want to get my Mom her first quad very soon but I'm unsure what colors to add with Goldmine and Gorgeous Gold (the colors she picked out). Any ideas?

Nothing toooo bright. She isn't afraid of color (in fact she liked my Chartruese pigment), but something that would mesh well with golds for a everyday look. Blues maybe? Purples? I was thinking Contrast but wasn't sure? Is it too dark? I dunno. Please help!!!

Thanks.

knoxydoll

I was thinking something like Brun and Vapor. I know it seems lame but those are the two colours I use with my golds. I use brun as my crease colour and vapor as my highlight. You might want to do something like that.

concertina

Maybe Mythology or Paradisco?

I'd say get another semi-neutral (like the ones above) and then get one that is just *fun*. Like, Aquadisaic or Satellite Dreams.

So three she can use every day, and then one she can play around with for evening or weekend looks.

thelove4tequila

Thanks ladies! Well she already has Mythology but that was a good idea! I was thinking about adding Sumptuous Olive? What do you all think? And maybe a brown? What kind of finish should I get? I'm pretty sure she has Romp or even Woodwinked. Maybe a matte?

concertina

What color are her eyes? That might help make your decision easier. If she's got brown or hazel eyes, I think S. Olive would be great.

Does she have a good highlight? Like Shroom or Ricepaper?

Tinkee-Belle

I would get sumptuous olive and cranberry... cranberry looks awesome with gorgeous gold in fact in wearing that today! Its cool your mom likes brighter shades! Mine will only wear brown
ssad.gif

euphrosyne_rose

I would get Vex and maybe Humid or Swimming to go with the Gorgeous Gold. I also saw an FOTD on here where someone used Gorgeous Gold with Sharkskin shadestick and it looked FANTASTIC! Maybe something that looks like Sharkskin would work. I also had a recommendation from one of the MA's for Gorgeous Gold and that was one of the darker browns like Mulch or Saddle.
HTH!!
cutey.gif

thelove4tequila

Quote:
Originally Posted by concertina
What color are her eyes? That might help make your decision easier. If she's got brown or hazel eyes, I think S. Olive would be great.

Does she have a good highlight? Like Shroom or Ricepaper?

Brown eyes and she has that Barbie Loves MAC highlight color I also gave her. What it called? Anywho she's the type that doesn't like 54048 highlight colors lying around in her traincase (polar opposite of me!) so I'm not going to get her another one.

Okay so I'm thinking either Humid or Sumptuous Olive and a brown of some sorts. Yes/no?

revinn

Sumptious Olive is a great choice. I'd go for that for sure. You mentioned trying a matte shadow before, so how about Carbon or Flourishing? Carbon is more versatile, but Flourishing is a great dark matte green, and would look awesome with Gorgeous Gold and Sumptious Olive.

Latest posts