Gone but not forgotten

csuthetaphi

*sigh* I am so disappointed! I am dying to get some DC pigments (Maroon, White, Blue, Silver) so I called the Customer Serivce number. I was told those were all DC'd in April 2004, so they cannot search for them. The woman told me that the products have a 2 year shelf life, so anything DC'd more than 2 years ago cannot be searched for.
ssad.gif

So not only am I sad, I am confused. If EL says a product has a 2 year shelf life, why do I find things so much older in stores? I have made purchases this year with 2003 lot #'s.
hmm.gif

Ok, done venting!!

a914butterfly

i called the gone but not forgotten also because i love punkin lipstick that came out with rebel rock in 7/05. they told me they didnt have anymore because the supply of them have already been depleated. it may not have to do with the shelf life, it may be that they just dont have anymore at all?

HOTasFCUK

At least you guys have that program in the US! I'm from Toronto and i'm 99.9% sure we can't use that program!!! I want some stuff so bad that's long gone......i've only been hooked on MAC for over a year now so i'm kicking my own ass for all the good stuff i missed out on!

ieatbugs

You should be able to use that program. I know that Estee Lauder will search worldwide for any particular product and it utilizes the same search capabilities and whatnot, so I have to assume it would be available for worldwide customers as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
At least you guys have that program in the US! I'm from Toronto and i'm 99.9% sure we can't use that program!!! I want some stuff so bad that's long gone......i've only been hooked on MAC for over a year now so i'm kicking my own ass for all the good stuff i missed out on!

Ella_

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieatbugs
You should be able to use that program. I know that Estee Lauder will search worldwide for any particular product and it utilizes the same search capabilities and whatnot, so I have to assume it would be available for worldwide customers as well.

Its not available in Australia. Ive emailed and asked about it and was told its US only.

color_lover456

I have, and the results have just been sporadic and weird...I requested Golder's Green, Subtle, Sunpepper, and Sunnydaze. I had just seen a couple of Sunpeppers and Sunnydazes at my CCO back home, so it was really surprising when the search showed up as nothing. Also, MAC apparently doesn't treat Golder's Green as a limited edition product but rather "discontinued" it formally, so I couldn't search for that either

...yea I wish MAC had better organization when it comes to these things.

lsperry

A fellow Specktra member received 2 Coco pigments from GBNF last month! IIRC, this pigment is from the 2005 D'Bohemia collection -- 3 YEARS AGO! Go figure.....

She told me she's keeping one for herself and selling the other one on eBay. So don't bombard her with offers.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeupgrl8
I have a BNIB Coco Pigment! I got my Gone But Not Forgotten shipment today and got the last of the Cocos ( I requested 4 and I got 2 instead and a letter saying that there were no more than 2 left).

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by color_lover456
.......yea I wish MAC had better organization when it comes to these things.

Amen and a half to that!

janelovesyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsperry
A fellow Specktra member received 2 Coco pigments from GBNF last month! IIRC, this pigment is from the 2005 D'Bohemia collection -- 3 YEARS AGO! Go figure.....

She told me she's keeping one for herself and selling the other one on eBay. So don't bombard her with offers.....

Aww, that's kind of rotten. If someone else was looking for that pigment as well and she bought up everything just so she could turn around and sell it to the same person for a higher price than what she paid for it.

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelovesyou
Aww, that's kind of rotten. If someone else was looking for that pigment as well and she bought up everything just so she could turn around and sell it to the same person for a higher price then what she paid for it.

nonono.gif
Ahh, I didn't post the info to past judgement on anyone or call her out. It's her decision; let her do what she wants to do....I posted the information to share with everyone how disorganized the GBNF program is -- depending on what day, time, or CSR you get, you may or may not luck out on getting past items from LE collections or discontinued perm products.

Latest posts