good (cheap) makeup brushes??

psychobabble23

ok so the brushes i have now are just crap. i really want to get some good brushes without spending a fortune. i mean if i really cant find any cheap ones that work well ill probably settle for the mac brushes but does anyone have any brand i could check out just like at a drug store or something before i make a bigger investment? (or at least until my next paycheck comes)

MAC is love

You should look into Sonia Kashuk brushes from Target, they are good quality for their price, so check them out if you have a Target nearby
winks.gif

http://www.target.com/gp/browse.html...node=358296011

triccc

I second the sonia kashuk brushes!

I use one for foundation/moisturizer/primer (not in that order) and I love it!

psychobabble23

hhmm... i wonder if the sonia kashuk brushes are good.... (note sarcasm.) well tomorrow is my day off so ill stop by target and check them out. i was looking at what they contained online and the travel case seemed like the best. 8 essential brushes for $20... that will work until i become rich and famous
encore.gif

inlucesco

Heck, even Target's no-name brand of brushes are good. I've had mine (two eyeshadow brushes) for at least a year and a half and they are in great shape.

thelilprincess

i have 1 sonia kushuk brush (the big powder brush, i think it's #01) and it's nice and soft. i have some Japonesque brush (the travel one that comes with an aluminum case) but i would say i only like the tiny brush in it. and i heard E.L.F. makes supercheap brushes - $1 each - but i also read on another forum that their customer service stinks - some people didn't get their stuff for 2 months and the CS was just not responding to them. i also have some trish mcevoy brushes but those were a bit pricey - but i have to say, i did pay for quality.

ductapemyheartt

thanks, stacie, for posting this. and thank you to all of you who posted about sonia kashuk brushes. i have been wondering if those were good or not. they are super cheap to! i am sooo going to target tommorow!

Robin

Add me to the list of Sonia Kashuk brush fans! I was thinking that one day I'd get better brushes when I could afford them, but honestly I like the Sonia Kashuk ones so much that I think I'll just stick with them. Right now on Target's website, there's a set of some basic brushes on clearance for $14.99 (this set is only online and not in stores). There's also a deluxe travel set for $19.99 both online and in stores. Not a bad deal!

LatinaRose

CVS Essence of Beauty has a 2 pack of crease brushes (one bigger, one smaller) for like $8. I really like them and use them quite often.

jenNpaci

My vote goes to the Sonia K brushes too!!. also if you have a Sally's they carry some brushes called Face Secrets. I have used them for over 3 years and they still look perfect!

Bey28

I second the Face Secrets brushes at Sallys. They are really good and comparable to the high end brushes but at a fraction of the cost.

psychobabble23

thanks guys. i went and bought the sonia brushes today. it came with a cute little carrying case. i used them for my 1st fotd (which i will have to post later since im having camera issues)!

Twinkle_Twinkle

Essence of Beauty brushes are really good for the price. I tried the Sonia brushes and there was a lot of fallout (but I had the travel set, so maybe that makes a difference). I am going to try the Crown Brushes at some point, and they have gotten a lot of good reviews.

jenii

In my opinion, there are no truly good, cheap brushes. Every cheap brush I had, I threw out because it ended up being no good. Sonia Kashuk included. I had a couple of her brushes, and they both fell apart within a month of me buying them.

I'd say just buy one good brush at a time, slowly build up a collection. That's what I did. The only cheap brush I use now is a concealer brush from Everyday Minerals, and even that's getting thrown out as soon as I can get my hands on a Wonder Brush from UD.

I like ELF's smudger eye sponges (think that's what they're called), because it's just like a smudger on the end of some eyeliners, but by itself. I don't really consider those brushes, though. Kinda hard to screw up a rubber smudger!

Anyway, I'VE had bad experiences when buying cheap brushes. I would just say buy one good quality brush at a time, when you can, and eventually you'll have a nice collection.