Good coverage foundation for dry skin?

rachelizabethx

I currently use MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NW13, and have been doing so pretty much daily since February. However my skin is INCREDIBLY dry. I moisturise twice a day and use Illamasqua hydra veil underneath, but by the end of the day (I'm full time in college and working as well so I need long lasting) it's flaking off - mainly on and around my nose on my cheeks. I've been recommended Illamasqua Skin Base and Dior Diorskin Forever but that's just what my friends have recommended. I'm looking for something around the same price as the MAC foundation (£20). Any recommendations?

shellygrrl

Staff member
If you need your foundation to last, and given your budget, maybe investing in a setting spray instead of a different foundation would be a good idea? (Urban Decay All Nighter is well-liked.)

rachelizabethx

If you need your foundation to last, and given your budget, maybe investing in a setting spray instead of a different foundation would be a good idea? (Urban Decay All Nighter is well-liked.)
I have considered that but aside from the lasting power it's very drying. It does tend to last better on the places of my face that aren't as dry but it never lasts on my nose and that is the main feature of my face really. It goes very flakey.

Anaphora

I really like my Laura Mercier Silk Creme. It's not drying and high coverage.

What are you using to moisturize?

rachelizabethx

I really like my Laura Mercier Silk Creme. It's not drying and high coverage.

What are you using to moisturize?
I use Nivea before bed, then The Body Shop intense moisturiser, let that set in, Illamasqua Hydra Veil and then foundation. I've bought Illamasqua's and touchwood it's been okay so far

Latest posts