Good customers!

MACtastic

Ok, so we have a topic that runs for a gazillion pages about all the horrid customers we get, which I think is awesome for venting about certain idiots that come into our stores!! However, I think we all also have customers that just make our lives and our jobs so much easier and so much more fun! They deserve a special thread too, don't ya think?
greengrin.gif

A few weeks ago, I had this super sweet mother come in with her teenage daughter. The daughter absolutely adores makeup (as much as all of us here do!), and we started talking about all sorts of products that we love. I had so much fun helping them pick out colors...they were just such awesome people! Needless to say, that shift went by pretty quickly...oh, and they did spend $300!!
greengrin.gif

ms.marymac

I have had lots of great customers, too many to list!

My favorites are customers that are funny. Anyone who makes me laugh or laughs at my jokes will make my day. I had a woman who is from the same region as me come in and we were having a ball...playing with makeup and cracking each other up. That's what it's all about, IMO.

As far as the financial bit goes, I had a guy that came in and dropped close to a grand once at my old counter. I think everyone at the counter was secretly giving him their card so he would call them before he came in.
th_rolleye0014.gif

d_flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
I have had lots of great customers, too many to list!

My favorites are customers that are funny. Anyone who makes me laugh or laughs at my jokes will make my day. I had a woman who is from the same region as me come in and we were having a ball...playing with makeup and cracking each other up. That's what it's all about, IMO.

As far as the financial bit goes, I had a guy that came in and dropped close to a grand once at my old counter. I think everyone at the counter was secretly giving him their card so he would call them before he came in.
th_rolleye0014.gif

i love funny customers too. humor is the best way to clear the uneasiness of talking to someone about uncomfortable things...and skincare/make up is personal, i think.
what makes me even happier is regulars. people that value my opinion enough to return.
or those who introduce themselves. that makes me feel great, like i'm a real person and not some chick just trying to sell products to them.

maxcat

I've noticed a "god will only give you what you can handle" pattern... if I'm truly upset with something in my personal life, if I'm completely exhausted or feeling like a truck hit me, I'll have the sweetest, most fabulous and kind customers on the planet... and they give me the energy back.

MisStarrlight

iagree.gif

I was having a really bad day once & as soon as I got to work my manager said something to me & it set me off crying...when I got back to the counter there was a customer that waited specifically for me to help her because she wanted to make sure that I was ok.

FacesbyNiki

I love the ones that make me laugh and wanna have fun! They don't have to buy a thing, just walk away with a smile.
smiles.gif

claresauntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisStarrlight
iagree.gif

I was having a really bad day once & as soon as I got to work my manager said something to me & it set me off crying...when I got back to the counter there was a customer that waited specifically for me to help her because she wanted to make sure that I was ok.

That makes me want to hug you both!

mac_aiken

Thank you so much for starting this thread. I certainly hope my favorite MAC MAs (in Seattle and LA) think of me with a smile.
cutey.gif

calbear

Oh no I had the best customer in the world he other day. She was being helped by my manager but we started talking and I think I'm in love. She was a die hard Star Wars fan (so her and her husband and I really started chopping it up about the movies and facts) then we realized that we belonged to the same casting agency which was cool. I had to step away for a moment but when I cam back she revealed that she had been an extra in a commercial with my future husband (Dennis Haysber the Allstate commercial man). I was just beaming for the rest of the day.

lara

Yesterday a lady came back to thank me for recommending some products that she absolutely loved. The best bit? She bought a plate of cookies as a thank you.
greengrin.gif

ms.marymac

That's sweet!

I've received a couple of gifts like that...it really makes your job worth it-not b/c that you got a gift, but the fact that you helped make someone feel good enough to do something like that. I am even happy if they call or come back to tell me how much they love something.

maxcat

Love the baked goods. Got a box of home baked christmas treats from a client for doing her xmas party makeup.

L281173

I used to enjoy the old ladies. It was fun when they would let me try new trendy things on them.

MisStarrlight

Time to revive this thread!

Yesterday (Saturday) I opened...opening on a Saturday is no good for making goal, cause it's super dead in the morning & insanely busy for 7-10pm....so it was the end of my shift & I still need $80 to make my goal. I said I'd stay 5 more minutes & if there was still no customers I was leaving.
Next thing I know, the little, old spanish lady (with the most adorable orange hair) came up to me, asking for a foundation match...I did her foundation & then she wanted blush, and then eyeshadow, a new brow pencil (thank god, cause hers was terrible!), & then while I was gathering up her choices she picked out Russian Red lipstick & Auto-Orange liquid liner.

All of this was done with her very broken english & my (complete lack of) spanish & hand gestures, but she was the nicest lady ever-like, I wanted to take her home & have her be my grandma. When we were done with her face, she was head to toe a little fireball (all reds & oranges)...I don't really even know why, but she totally made my day (& put me over my goal...yay!). I didn't really mind that I had donated yet another unpaid 40 minutes of my life to MAC.

lara

I love the firecracker older women, especially those who have no Bobbi Brown-esque issues with what make-up a Lady of a Certain Age should wear. They're heaps of fun, love mucho colour and have no problems with creating a big $$$, big IPT sale
greengrin.gif

MisStarrlight

I had 3 of the best customers ever today!

Today was our technique seminar & I got in just after the first session let out. It was an absolute nut house (on top of our usual Saturday business there was 25 people just standing around waiting to be helped & we brought in extra help so there were more artists than chairs)...
Ok so my first customer had just going out of the seminar & was super excited about what they had showed her. She wanted to play with color. So I did Electric Eel, Deep Truth w/ a bit of Creme d'Violet. She was soooo excited that it was impossible not to be excited with her (and any time I get to play with color, of course, makes me happy).

My second customer (not second of the day thankfully) was a few hours later, after the second session got out. I had met her the day before when she was shopping for her sister (I think)'s prom. I had booked the sister from the seminar, but she said she wasn't going to be able to make it. So I was super surprised to see her there... So yeah, she has a bit of makeup knowledge so I was glad to see she had changed her mind & decided to come. She came out of the class w/ a list of stuff she wanted to try & stuff she liked. It was nice to be able to "speak makeup" & just have fun.

And the third was my last customer of the day. It was a girl, her mother & sister looking for prom stuffs. I did an impromptu makeover/consult thing. She was one of my best prom girls (families) ever, just very accepting & willing to try things. The mom was planning on doing the makeup so she was very interested in learning what I was doing (not in that overbearing way though). In the end they bought just about everything AND booked me to come over & actually do the prom makeup. I hate freelance proms, but this one might actually be worth it.

Latest posts