Good foundations?

Whitney

Hey girls! I've never really found a foundation that I really like and stick with. I'm looking for a foundation that has light to medium coverage. Something thats not too expensive, not more then about $40. It doesn't have to be mac. I belive I have pink undertones. Sometimes whenever I try a new foundation out, it looks a little orange on me. I want one that doesn't look cakey, but instead smooth almost like airbrushed look. I have mostly normal skin, just a few dry spots. Thanks!

bjorne_again

It depends on your preferences... which foundations have you already tried and liked before?

I'm pale with pink undertones and my favourite for myself is Everyday Minerals intensive fair neutral foundation. however, it is a powder, and some people don't like mineral makeup.

For liquid/cream foundations, I really love dermablend. it wears really well and you can get light to full coverage depending on how much you use and application style. The downside of dermablend is they only make 5 colours, but i find the 15 and 25 have definite pink undertones that work with light to medium skintones who have cool undertones(pinks). hth!

Whitney

Thanks. I've never had any that I absolutely loved. My favorite right now is Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse. I usually use liquid foundations, but I'm up for trying anything really.

thebreat

I really enjoy tinted moisturizer, but if you want more coverage, I really like Perfectly Real Makeup by Clinique. I have lots of pink in my skin, and it matches great. It's light, not cakey, but smoothes my skin and doesn't break me out.

bjorne_again

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebreat
I really enjoy tinted moisturizer, but if you want more coverage, I really like Perfectly Real Makeup by Clinique. I have lots of pink in my skin, and it matches great. It's light, not cakey, but smoothes my skin and doesn't break me out.

that's funny cause that was my old favourite before i started using the two foundations i listed! =) best of luck!

Kiseki

For a smooth airbrushed look I'd try Armani Luminous Silk, yes it's pricy but is wonderful and very natural looking. You can also try Make Up For Ever's Face & Body, it's gel texture won't cake and they have a wide variety of colors.

I also recommend Laura Mercier's oil free tinted moisturizer, but it's definitely a sheer coverage, if you pair it with a good concealer you should still look flawless.

StArCaNdY

Everyone always compliments my skin when I wear Studiofix liquid foundation..And I'm about to try Classified Cosmetics ERA spray foundation. I heard its great so lets see

thelilprincess

Prescriptives Virtual Skin for light/medium coverage. i strayed and got MAC HyperReal - pretty, but when i started to wear it frequently, it made my skin breakout. i'm back to Prescriptives Virtual Skin

faifai

MAC Select Tint is really good for giving that light to medium coverage and goes on moist and doesn't dry all cakey. It feels like a tinted moisturizer, just with a little bit more coverage than those generally provide. With a decent brush it goes on very smooth and even, it's pretty easy to apply.

Latest posts