Good liquid liner for a beginner?

MelissaAnn

I have NEVER, not even once,
shockt.gif
whistle.gif
used a liquid liner. Actually I usually never line my uper lid with anything, just the bottom with a pencil. But thanks to this site ive decided to give it a go...can someone recommend a good liner to start out with, or if there is something easier to start with then a liquid? Im open to any brand but I dont want to spend an arm and a leg on it..any tips or suggestions on application are also welcome

smiles.gif

katelyn0

L'oreal Lineur Intense liquid liner hands down! It's about 10 bucks. This is my HG liquid liner for sure, and I've tried soo many liquid liners from the higher end brands and I always end up going back to L'oreal. In my opinion it's very easy to handle and to be precise with. Stays on all day. If you're just beginning, go slow. Practice, practice!

KimmyAnn_678

Application wise, I prefer ones with the pointy felt tip, over a brush. I used to use one drugstore brand years ago that I liked, but I don't remember the brand.

Department store wise, I know both Lancome ArtLiners and Lauder Double Wear Liquid Liner have the pointy felt tip I prefer. IMO though, the ArtLiners dry up way too quickly.

User38

Lancome Art liner has a great felt tip which is not too hard or too soft -- some of the liquid liners have rock hard tips and others have really wussy soft ones.

BabyGirlB

L'Oreal HIP gel liners are a bit easier to use than liquid, IMO. I love mine.
smiles.gif
The colors are great, they're not pricey and they stay put all day!

TeresaEllis

get a good pointy liner brush and try the gel, it really is easier and more blendable for the smoky look

jazmatazz

Also agree with Loreal Lineur Intense, with the felt tip. Makes application a breeze. Until you get the hang of making a sideways line you can kind of press the tip gently in sideways - same effect!
smiles.gif
HTH!

DollyGirl92

The L'oreal Liner Intense it really similar to the lancome art liner, I personally quite like both.

My favourite kinds of liquid liners are liner 'pens' most brands make these, MAC's is called the Penultimate liner, NARS's is the eyeliner stylo and maybelline and rimmel's pen liners are very good and I find them much easier than normal liquid liner.

Temptasia

Revlon Colorstay Liquid Liner...hands down.

Been using it for about 9 years and my friends are always amazed at how fast I can line my eyes with it. I hate the pen type liners because they never dispense enough to do a solid line and the brush type requires a super steady hand and isn't as precise because of its wider tip.

Revlon is a mix of both types...a pointed tip brush...that you dip.

Mabelle

the best that ive seen is the TokiDoki (sephora) liquid liner pen. Its got a chiseled tip so you can have a thick line, a medium or use the tip for very fine. its amazing, easy to use/contorl and it stays on! i mean, you should swim in this stuff.

Senoj

Elf's Waterproof eye pen is very good. It glides on easily and doesn't budge. Only $1 from Elf.