Good shadows for an all over wash of colour?

radarlove

I don't wear eyeshadow every day, but sometimes I'm looking for something to give my look a bit of extra oomph during the day. If I don't feel like doing a whole look I like to use just one colour because I think it adds some dimension but doesn't look too "done", if you know what I mean.

What are your favourites for shadows that look great alone as an all over wash? My favourite so far is Arena (LOVE) but I want to expand my collection a bit...

I have dark brown hair, green eyes and I'm pale with freckles!

hawaii02

I used Shore Leave yesterday for all over color. Sometimes, it's Grand Entrance and my matte brown (lid).

radarlove

No I only have 4 MAC eyeshadows
thmbdn.gif
but my list is growing every day. In the past I haven't been a big shadow person but I bought Arena recently and it makes such a huge different when I wear it, it's like night and day. I look so much more polished without looking overly made up!

I've been eyeing Amber Lights, I think I'd like it a lot.

ndn-ista

I use indianwood paint pot sometimes alone, I am NC42 for reference, but I have darker lids (dark circles, ughh hate it so much) but bc of the darker lid, indianwood alone looks great! and the formula is SO easy to work with.

I also love Smashbox Champagne eyeshadow alone, I am actually wearing it today and some Mac's Sketch eyeshadow in the outer corners, and I got alot of compliments.

MrsMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaii02
I used Shore Leave yesterday for all over color. Sometimes, it's Grand Entrance and my matte brown (lid).

I was going to say exactly this! for an all over wash I usually use either Shore Leave or Grand Entrance (or even Lily White pigment if you use pigments)
thmbup.gif
If I want a bit of definition I ususally add a little bit of Gold Stroke pigment in the crease (or Satin Taupe eyeshadow).

ohnna-lee

If I am wearing a peach or more subdued blush... which typically I am I take the blush and swip both lids to make it all intermingle nicely. Just to define the crease so the brow bone and lid are still natural. It works for me, I am NC15.

I also like Melon pigment, and Bamboom paint.

Mabelle

amber lights!
all that glitters.
woodwinked.
blonde's gold pigment (wet on the lid to look foiled and dry on the brownbone)