Good White Nailpolish?

adamchristopher

I have yet to come across a white nailpolish that doesnt look like white-out on my nails.

Anyone tried the MAC whites or anything? I have tried OPI and it was crap.

Thanks!

bebs

I dont go with mac for this one, go to your nail salon and ask them if you can buy the white nail polish they use, it costs about 2 or 2.50 well over here anyways, and it always works really well. hope that helps

lara

Any salon line like Creative or OPI will have a titanium opaque white that isn't a powder base. I picked up the OPI Tuxedo pack on sale a while back and used the white for a great 80's, tarty, Dynasty toe polish.
smiles.gif

EDIT: on re-read, you said you didn't want an opaque. Then yeah, check out the full OPI line at a beauty supply place. They have nice sheer whites in their bridal line. Creative also might have a few, but the range is nowhere near as big.

I find that OPI is only crap if you don't have the patience or skills to apply it properly. Since I made the switch from drugstore brands, I couldn't use anything else.
smiles.gif

afterglow

Sally Hansen's Beyond Perfect nail polish works really nicely for me. It's translucent, so you can build on a couple of coats, and it's cheaper than OPI. I found it hard to use at first though, because of so much streaking since it was so translucent, but I got the hang of it after a while.