• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Gorgeous Gold, Amber Lights, Mulch, Embark Tutorial

shadowprincess

this was a tutorial i did that was requested by someone in another forum... did the tutorial before work hence the ugly green blouse.

f01.jpg

Start with properly cleansing, toning, moisturizing and priming the skin. Bleh... horrible skin....

f02.jpg

Get liquid foundationready. I use one pump of each: MAC select spf, MAC hyper real, Revlon skinlights skin illuminator.

f03.jpg

Apply it onto face. Blend it in using ur fingers, a sponge or a brush. I used a sponge .... I usually use either a sponge or a brush coz I find that it blends into the skin better that way. With fingers sometimes it looks streaky.

f04.jpg

Skin looks more even toned and minus those evil pimple scars...

f05.jpg

Brush on loose powder. I used Pureluxe April's Mix finishing powder.

f06.jpg

Make a stupid face for the camera once you are done. :p

f07.jpg

Time to apply the eyeshadows. You can use your finger, sponge tip or brush. I love using a sponge tip coz it gives the BEST color payoff. Anyway, swipe some Amberlights (gold bronze color) and apply onto eye socket area.

f08.jpg

Blend the color upwards.

f09.jpg

Swipe Gorgeous Gold and apply on inner corner.

f010.jpg

should look like this.

f011.jpg

Swipe a little of Mulch (dark brown color) and apply to the outer corners.

f012.jpg

Make sure you blend inwards and upwards.

f013.jpg

Use an angled brush or eyebrow brush and apply the same colours to your lower lashes as shown in the picture.

f017.jpg

Highlight the under brow area with a nude color or a sheer shimmery shadow. I used MAC sunseed. Apply liner. You want a soft looking liner in this FOTD so use your angled brush and swipe on a dark brown shadow. I used MAC embark. For the lower lid, line as close as u can to the lashes.

f014.jpg

Smile to apply blush and highlighter. I used L'Oreal Trumatch - Innocent Flush and MAC porcelain pink msf.

f015.jpg

Curl lashes, apply mascara base (shiseido mascara base) and then mascara (Cover Girl Lash Exact + Lancome L'extreme)

f016.jpg

Apply some lipgloss and you are done!

Hope this was helpful. If you ahve any more questions, I'd be happy to answer
smiles.gif

lipshock

Lovely tutorial!

What kind of camera did you use for this? The pictures are so crisp and clear!

shadowprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipshock
Lovely tutorial!

What kind of camera did you use for this? The pictures are so crisp and clear!

I use my Canon Powershot SD400.. it's a great point and shoot camera... works best when there is tons of light.. does not work well in dark places.. so no night scenery shots...

jenii

That's really good! I can't believe you blended it all so well just using sponge tip applicators!

FireIce_Me

I love this tutorial. The pictures are clean, not blurry. It's easy to follow. And I actually have all the makeup for this! But i'm running out of Revlon Skin Illuminator . . . :-( I love that stuff. Is the Skin Illuminator discontinued? Cause i can't find it at my local drugstores. Aw man.

NicksWifey

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowprincess
I use my Canon Powershot SD400.. it's a great point and shoot camera... works best when there is tons of light.. does not work well in dark places.. so no night scenery shots...

I have the same camera! But I don't have the best of luck with it as far as taking close-ups like you do. What settings do you use if you dont' mind me asking?

Love the tutorial, really pretty!
clap.gif

hunnybun

great color scheme for your skin tone. and my compliments on your skills with the sponge tip applicator! impressive!