Got a fake pigment in the mail today

TheCollector

Hi all!

I received a fake pigment in the mail today from shannonalbert30
nonono.gif

It is one of the "good" fakes like mommroxx had. Just thought I should post this. Beware.

1165Cheryl

When it comes to buying older pigments or disc MAC items on Ebay I myself dont beleive it till I see it. If I do buy, I always ask the seller many questions first and let them know if it's a fake I will return it, period. Once I tell them I have 150-200 authentic pigment jars to compare to they then tell me the truth were they really bought it.

I really miss the way it was 3-4 years ago
ssad.gif

iLOVEmac918

Oh NO! I have something in the mail on the way to me right now from her! UGH

Im going to file a paypal claim when i receive the item.

TheCollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1165Cheryl
When it comes to buying older pigments or disc MAC items on Ebay I myself dont beleive it till I see it. If I do buy, I always ask the seller many questions first and let them know if it's a fake I will return it, period. Once I tell them I have 150-200 authentic pigment jars to compare to they then tell me the truth were they really bought it.

I really miss the way it was 3-4 years ago
ssad.gif

Me too... I so miss it!
ssad.gif

I had bought a Too Faced item from her before that was a great deal, but I knew I was taking a gamble... And she is vehemently denying it. I reported the listing to ebay, and they actually deleted it! So they obviously think something is up with her. I also filed a paypal claim, she refused a refund... and now I'm waiting to hear from paypal.

trendzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCollector
Hi all!

I received a fake pigment in the mail today from shannonalbert30
nonono.gif

It is one of the "good" fakes like mommroxx had. Just thought I should post this. Beware.

I appreciate reading these threads, however, don't you think it is a little obvious that a reseller of Mac will make sure to cut their competitors throat while promoting their own items here?
I am starting to beleive this is being done on purpose as I read these forums.
Making sure this isn't just some bull we buyers are reading just so someone degrades another for sales purposes. Seriously.

panda0410

^^I'll give you credit for that - we do have ebay sellers who post here and there has been questions raised previously regarding self promotion and malicious intent when it comes to OTHER ebay sellers....

However, I'm not entirely convinced that thats the case in this particular situation though. I have had pigments from several of the sellers listed in this forum forwarded to me by several purchasers and almost of of those pigments were counterfeit. Of those, some sellers have since ditched their stock and restarted as genuine authentic sellers that we have all come to know and trust, yet others did not.

I dont think its necessarily fair to bash a seller who happens to post in this forum unless you can prove intent, since at least one of the sellers that she listed is still selling counterfeits herself.

In any case, the sellers listed here have been discussed at length previously. Do a search and you'll see that TheCollector is fact NOT the first person to raise concerns about them.

trendzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
^^I'll give you credit for that - we do have ebay sellers who post here and there has been questions raised previously regarding self promotion and malicious intent when it comes to OTHER ebay sellers....

However, I'm not entirely convinced that thats the case in this particular situation though. I have had pigments from several of the sellers listed in this forum forwarded to me by several purchasers and almost of of those pigments were counterfeit. Of those, some sellers have since ditched their stock and restarted as genuine authentic sellers that we have all come to know and trust, yet others did not.

I dont think its necessarily fair to bash a seller who happens to post in this forum unless you can prove intent, since at least one of the sellers that she listed is still selling counterfeits herself.

In any case, the sellers listed here have been discussed at length previously. Do a search and you'll see that TheCollector is fact NOT the first person to raise concerns about them.

Thanks for responding and I see what you are saying. However, why are these people still purchasing from these 'known" sellers if all they have to do is search their names to know what kind of seller they really are. I mean how do we really know "thecollector" purchased something and is not purposely writing these things to promote his/her own items and bash another along the way? All I'm saying is that it seems too obvious knocking out 2 sellers in one comment just to get a topic going.
I'm here looking for good sellers to buy from, but seems like all I am reading is one seller knocking down another and so on. Sorry, don't mean to offend anyone, this is just my thought. I also read a few posts about this matter as well. Real confusing on who to beleive. Thank U

trendzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410

Also, what does it mean when someone says "good fake" that makes no sense to me. It is either fake or real. I have read posts about that yet no one can point out when asked for further explanation.
thanks for your time.

panda0410

There are plenty of explanations as to how to identify a fake in these threads, and yes there are "good" fakes - which are not easily spotted in the first instance, and "bad" fakes which are easily spotted even to people with little experience in MAC pigments.

As for the above comment, most people who get stung with counterfeits are people who havent actually joined the specktra community and are otherwise unaware that these threads exist... unfortunately most people are first time users/buyers and usually have no idea counterfeits exist until they come here
ssad.gif

As for TheCollector, as I mentioned previously, she isnt the first person to discuss those sellers in particular, if you did a search you would have seen many, many posts regarding them - there isnt any benefit that I can see to one seller posting about another seller when the seller in question already has loads of pre-exisiting posts of the same nature.

TheCollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendzz
Thanks for responding and I see what you are saying. However, why are these people still purchasing from these 'known" sellers if all they have to do is search their names to know what kind of seller they really are. I mean how do we really know "thecollector" purchased something and is not purposely writing these things to promote his/her own items and bash another along the way? All I'm saying is that it seems too obvious knocking out 2 sellers in one comment just to get a topic going.
I'm here looking for good sellers to buy from, but seems like all I am reading is one seller knocking down another and so on. Sorry, don't mean to offend anyone, this is just my thought. I also read a few posts about this matter as well. Real confusing on who to beleive. Thank U

Wow, have I been missing some things... haven't been on this section in a while...

I would NEVER bash an ebay seller with any ill intent. I have been a member of this board since almost the beginning; and have a passion against people selling counterfeits, for all the reasons we speak about in this forum every day.

I purchased this pigment for my personal use, and here is a picture of it. Anyone who knows how to spot fakes, will tell in an instant that it is indeed fake.

web-125.jpg

I repeat, I WOULD NEVER bash anyone here without hard-founded FACTS that I know to be true. I love MAC and will do what I can to prevent another un-suspecting buyer from being duped by these predator sellers of fakes!!

angry.gif

toshia

I wish people would stop selling fakes. I won't purchase anything on ebay because there are so many fakes out now.

shatteredshards

I wish I had been a member of this board sooner - I received a fake from this seller as well, only days ago. I just reported it to eBay and am going to work on getting my money back.

shatteredshards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
Make sure you note that it's counterfeit in your Paypal claim. That counts as a strike against the seller for selling fakes and after so many, they lose the ability to peddle their fake wares. I didn't know this until after the fact so I wish you luck. =)

Thank you - I hadn't started the PayPal claim yet (just reported the eBay listing), because I was informing my sister that part of her birthday gift was fake.
ssad.gif

I feel bad that I gave good feedback, not really inspecting the item to make sure. It's been a long time since I bought pigments on eBay, and I guess I have too much faith in people.

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCollector
Me too... I so miss it!
ssad.gif

I had bought a Too Faced item from her before that was a great deal, but I knew I was taking a gamble... And she is vehemently denying it. I reported the listing to ebay, and they actually deleted it! So they obviously think something is up with her. I also filed a paypal claim, she refused a refund... and now I'm waiting to hear from paypal.

what a bummer hon!Because Ebay,deleted the listing that means you can't even leave feedback
ssad.gif
now that's really carp!As im sure you would have left neg to warn other buyers,norty ,nasty ebay and seller!
I hope you will get your money back let us know how it goes ?
yes.gif

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatteredshards
Thank you - I hadn't started the PayPal claim yet (just reported the eBay listing), because I was informing my sister that part of her birthday gift was fake.
ssad.gif

I feel bad that I gave good feedback, not really inspecting the item to make sure. It's been a long time since I bought pigments on eBay, and I guess I have too much faith in people.

Shatter, i had similar story but with fake MAC mascara,it was kinda embarrassing for me to tell my mate that she can't have it cos it is fake
angry.gif

All the best with your claim ,im sure that is not too late to inform ebay that you want to d a feedback withdrawal as the item is counterfeit,also report the seller for non performance ,the more buyers will report her/him the more strikes they will have on their eBAY account and soon the seller will be NARUD
yes.gif
yes.gif

Good luck and no worries i had used Mac for ages and still fell for the fake !

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendzz

Trendzz,i cannot see any benefit to be gained by Collector in putting the seller name on here, (especially if their name was mentioned before)...i did the same when i fell for fake MAC mascara bought by me on ebay.I asked Julie150463 for advice on ebay,how to proceed with my claim she was very ,very helpful and directed me to this wonderful website on which i have obtained good advice with regards to my Paypal claim.I did put the sellers name up to prevent others making the same mistake as me ,luckily for me the seller of fake Mac was NARUd shortly after my claim
yes.gif

As for who to believe, you will just have to make your own mind,on this website nobody can or will force you into anything !
I feel from your post ( maybe wrongly)that perhaps you think that some of us are on some sort of witchhunt to vilify some sellers,that couldnt be further from the truth!I like so many on these boards simply detest fake Mac!
Have a nice day
ciao
winks.gif