Got a Job at LUSH!

nebbish

... At the Florida Mall in Orlando.

Sometime at the end of September, I wandered around the mall asking anyone and everyone for applications. I went into LUSH & they had me e-mail in a resume.
( I applied at MAC and made sure my makeup was FLAWLESS when I turned in the app, but the lady was mean & I think she threw out my app... ANYWAY)
I got a call maybe a week or so later to come in for a group interview on that Sunday. We were to dress up as fairy tale chars. I chose Little Red Riding hood & I had this amazing outfit. ANYWAY .... We were split into groups & did demos on each other to see if we were comfortable touching strangers, etc.
I didn't actually think I had done too well, and had had another interview at a place I wasn't particularly interested in before the manager finally called me and asked me in for a second interview. I felt it went really well and was told to call back in about a week or so, which I did.
I went in for paperwork & we just started training on the 8th. My first day was the 7th.
It's really kind of overwhelming, because you really do have to know a lot about the products in the store. I.E. ingredients, uses, etc. Skin and haircare are hardest, but I think they're my favorite just because they're so complex. I've also never actually had to sell people things before, but I'm having a lot of fun & I think I'm getting the hang of it!
I'm only seasonal right now, but I'm totally plottin' on that core staff position.

ladynomoregaga

That's awesome! Sounds like you're having fun with it, congrats. That's so cute that you all got to dress up for the group interview.

ThePostcardOrg

I deff. know what you mean. I recently also got a Job at the new Lush store in Oslo in Norway. It is soo fun, but very demanding
smiles.gif
Though, after working there for a few weeks I have noticed that I really do learn alot just when I help my customers and by listening to my co-workers
smiles.gif

I really hope you enjoy working there, I know that I do!
greengrin.gif

Kragey

Congratulations! I bet you're the loveliest one there.
smiles.gif

I could never work for Lush; I'd be tempted to nick samples all the time. :p

Mabelle

Congrats!! Ive applied like 3 times (to lush at my mall) since it's opened! Like all products/companies that i love/believe in, i sell it to all my friends. But i've never gotten a call back, which is weird, as im super into cruelty free/natural products. Anyway, the manager at that store gives me the creeps!

Congrats! im sure youll love it and be fantastic!

boudoirblonde

YAY
smiles.gif
thats so awesome!
And if you do still eventually want to work for MAC, the retail & cosmetic experience from Lush will be a big advantage!

nebbish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kragey
Congratulations! I bet you're the loveliest one there.
smiles.gif

I could never work for Lush; I'd be tempted to nick samples all the time. :p

Well ... I'm only holiday atm, so I'm not allowed to bring home like 10 samples every day, but if there's stuff I really want to try [cos my manager wants us to know our products and all] I'm allowed a sample. So far, I've only sampled the things I'm planning on buying with my first check LOL!!

& thanks ladies!
I'm definitely going to go out for MAC again, I really hope the exp with Lush helps. I'd actually love to stay part time there & be part time at MAC, too. That would be perfect, I think
greengrin.gif

pinguina

Ooh that's great! Are you still working there?

I am actually going to a hiring party for Lush tomorrow! They are opening a new store in my city, so finally there are openings
smiles.gif
It's also really good timing because I recently resigned from my old job. (I also applied at Origins, Aveda, L'Occitane, and Benefit but sadly haven't been called. On Monday though I have an interview at a salon to be a receptionist).

I'm so excited! (It would even be cool if I could get both jobs since they're part-time!) After a couple months of working nowhere, I'll be so glad once I get hired!

th_DANCE.gif

lolcats

I have worked at lush for two years. I am leaving in two weeks and can't wait. The company don't care about staff, they only care about treating others fairly and the customers.

pinguina

I just got hired a couple weeks ago for a new store opening in my city! I'm really excited!
choochoo.gif

Lolcats, I'm sorry you're experience working at Lush wasn't very good, I just hope mine is better
th_dunno.gif

equiworks

Woo! I love Lush. The woosh shower gel is my favorite by far. A friend of mine is a total Lush addict. Last time we went I had to restrict her to the soap corner. hehe.

pinguina

Hehehe! Yeah, when I bought stuff there before I would generally stick to the soap section because I could justify it the most.. :p

pinguina

Nebbish, did you end up getting a permanent position with Lush?

For my training we actually had a girl come up from the Orlando airport store to help out
greengrin.gif
she was great!

Latest posts