Got hired as on-call in Macy's cosmetics department for the holidays!

pipsqu3ak

Went in for my interview today and within 30 minutes, I was filling out paperwork and being told about the dress code. Kinda bummed that it's only on-call and not part-time, but what're you gonna do? I think most everyone starts off this way anyway, right?

I saw the thread from '09 on this topic, but I was wondering if anyone had any additional insight on amount of hours I can expect, what to keep in mind, how to acquaint myself with the different counters, which are better, how much of a life outside of work I can expect to have (or not have, LOL), what's the discount like, etc. I'd LOVE for this to turn into a part-time gig beyond the holidays and I'd love any advice as to how to achieve that, especially in regards to transferring to a different Macy's (this one is about 1.5 hours away from the university I'll be attending in January onwards). Also, do I need to wear close-toed or open-toed shoes? Does it matter?

Is it totally dorky that I made a vision board for this? And it worked? LOL.

StyleBlack

Congrats :)

Have you spoken to your hiring manager about all of these questions? I think that is your greatest resource in answering most, if not all of the questions you asked. You are already hired, so don't be scared to talk to him/her!

Latest posts