Got the Hardest to Curl Lashes EVER - Help!

LindaP

So here is my situation... I have the hardest lashes to curl AND Hold a curl ever. I've stumped many a counter mua. Nothing has yet to last on my lashes.

I use a revlon eyelash curler heated w/ a blow dryer to first curl my lashes & let it completely cool 10-15 minutes before applying my mascara. (sometimes i must repeat this 2 or 3 times). I've tried many mascaras - some are so "wet" or heavy that they bring down the curl immediately, others flake or clump, some hold the curl an hour maybe two but then its back down.

This is a list of which i've tried recently: (i've tried so many, i may forget to list them) but .....
Sexy Curves, reg & waterproof
all lancome (including the new drama - its very wet)
curl pro x (??, already threw it out, so don't really remember hows its named)
full n soft
too faced (both)
clinique (the curling one)
mac zoomlash

Thats all i can think of, off the top of my head --- these were the recent ones. I don't know what to do .. Maybe i need a combo - not just one??

My right eye, has a LOT of lashes - more than the left, but the left holds a curl less than the right. LOL, yeah i know, my lashes are beyond rebellious. They are thick, heavy and very very straight.

I'm looking for a little bit of length, a lot of separation, & the strongest curl holder known to woman kind!

littlepickle

Perhaps you need to try lash perming? :s
Mine don't keep a curl either! My sister must have got those genes - she curls her lashes and they stay curled all day without mascara!

xKiKix

i use l'oreal telescopic carbon black and it holds my lashes curl VERY good throughout the day with no worries.

i feel your pain, one of my eye has more volume while the other has more length, but definitely try out a primer and see if it helps keep the curl prior to mascara application i feel that it does help for me.

chipmunkvoice

I have straight asian lashes... heating my eyelash curler helps but i think its my Shiseido Mascara Base is what keeps my curl (also stops smudging for me) and then use a not-so-wet mascara because as you said, it does tend to weigh your lashes down. Maybe try an asian brand mascara.... as their designed for stick straight asian lashes??
(I use Shiseido eyelash curler-heated, followed by Shiseido Mascara Base, then Shu Uemura Basic Mascara or one of my Shiseido Majolica Majorca Mascaras)

Otherwise like littlepickle suggested... try eyelash perming? My friend did it and i can't remember how long it lasted but it looked good!

LindaP

I've tried perming my eyelashes about 3 years back, & i tell you it was AWESOME! but because my lashes were so difficult - it would take the girl two applications, one week apart, to make the perm stick. She would charge $35 for it. People would actually stop & ask if i had fake lashes on or would ask to touch them! I loved it but ...

So wondering why i stopped. It only lasts 3 weeks on me at best. My lashes grow out really fast too. (The hair on my head grows about 1 3/4 inch every month) In 3 weeks i have completely new set of lashes grown out. As much as i LOVED have my lashes permed (& all the compliments), my bank account couldn't take the $70 extra every month for my permed lashes
ssad.gif
(maybe i win the lotto?)

Anyways, my hubby got restationed in Feb & we're living in a one horse town. Not too many beauticians around. I'm gonna give that shisheido mascara a try - i'm pretty sure i've never tried that.

LindaP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKiKix
i use l'oreal telescopic carbon black.

Tried that one too. But it was also a no go.
th_dunno.gif

I just don't know WHY these lashes won't cooperate?! Don't they realize they'd look better if they just worked w/ me on this
hmm.gif

xKiKix

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaP
I just don't know WHY these lashes won't cooperate?! Don't they realize they'd look better if they just worked w/ me on this
hmm.gif

lol, if only. i swear my brows and lashes are my worst enemy every morning. i guess this could be a last resort but maybe try using some lash conditioner i think it may help your lashes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaP
I've tried perming my eyelashes about 3 years back, & i tell you it was AWESOME! but because my lashes were so difficult - it would take the girl two applications, one week apart, to make the perm stick. She would charge $35 for it. People would actually stop & ask if i had fake lashes on or would ask to touch them! I loved it but ...

So wondering why i stopped. It only lasts 3 weeks on me at best. My lashes grow out really fast too. (The hair on my head grows about 1 3/4 inch every month) In 3 weeks i have completely new set of lashes grown out. As much as i LOVED have my lashes permed (& all the compliments), my bank account couldn't take the $70 extra every month for my permed lashes
ssad.gif
(maybe i win the lotto?)

Anyways, my hubby got restationed in Feb & we're living in a one horse town. Not too many beauticians around. I'm gonna give that shisheido mascara a try - i'm pretty sure i've never tried that.

shockt.gif
WOW. Well luckily, in this situation, my hair doesnt grow that fast. Im gonna give it a try. I have very straight lashes but hopefully I'll have better luck...I guess it doesnt hurt to try it out...