Grad Pics

TheTeenageMuse

So..I need help!

Hair: I'm going to have it done at the salon. I'm asking my stylist for 'Victoria's Secret' loose curls. I just thought I might as well pay the $50 bucks and have it look good than fail at doing it myself.

Makeup: I'm pretty good at my own makeup and I wouldn't know who to go to to have it done in Toronto anyways. But I'm not sure how to make sure it doesn't look bad on camera.

-I'm assuming no glittery eyes or shiny lips.
-Contour? Or Blush?
-Eyeshadow, I know I shouldn't do anything bright, should I just do a matte brown in the crease?

And i'd want a natural pink lip yet I've found difficulties finding one for brown skin. There's a picture of me in the avatar for reference. TIA!

blazeno.8

As far as making sure it doesn't look bad on camera, there are several things you can do: stick to mostly matte and satin colors. You can use shine, but use it very sparingly to make very specific parts of your face pop (tear duct, brow, or center of the lip). Other than that, it's hard to give specific suggestions because even though there is a picture of you, it's in black and white and very small. You could go to a local makeup counter and ask for advice colorwise.

LeopardLove

How about go for a VS inspired look with ur makeup too! Pink lipstick or tinted balm, nude blush, espresso brown liner, and soft neutral shadows. I agree with using matte and satin finishes.

Try filling ur lips with MAC Dervish lipliner and adding some lip balm on top to soften the look. It looks really pretty and natural.

TheTeenageMuse

Thanks for the advice so far. I don't really like to go to counters unless I know what I'm looking for just because I always end up disappointed with their recommendations. Whereas if I pick it I can only blame myself.

Here's a better picture, I hope:
2hcfh29.jpg

I'm liking the idea of a lipliner/balm but will it work on my skin? Maybe I will go to the counter and ask for 'Freida Pinto' inspired hahaha.

blazeno.8

As far as shadow colors go, I think you could do a neutral cool smokey eye (I like to think of Satin Taupe on the lid with a highlight color and something like a cool matte brown in the crease fading into Carbon. Or you could go for a natural pinup eye: wash of a color slightly lighter than your skin tone on the lid, highlight like vanilla pigment, and a softly contoured crease, and black liquid liner.
I think either of those will any type of lip.

Latest posts