Grammys' MU Breakdowns!!!! Part 1

saniyairshad

link to original article
Key makeup looks for spring

Make-up artist to the stars KAY MONTANO guides you through the A-list looks you'll want to copy this season
CATE BLANCHETT: The Serene Siren
It was way back in 1993 that I started maximising shine on the skin. I never dreamed that the trend would last for this long. Now, after the spring/summer shows, we are officially saying bye-bye to the long reigning dewy face and finally returning to the flawlessly matte complexion so omnipresent on all the runways.
Face powder (which young women have almost come to fear, associating it with old age) is far more wearable than women think. Still need convincing? Cate Blanchett showed off her porcelain matte-ness at The Golden Globes and chose to keep the shine on her eyes and lips instead.
To get Cate's flawless skin you need to start with a light foundation, concealing all blemishes and under eye circles, then you are ready for powder.
The tip for choosing and using powder is to use a powder brush, not a puff and if you do decide to use a pressed powder, make sure it is of a high quality and is the correct shade as they can often be chalky looking. I recommend Laura Mercier, Clinique, Prescriptives and Ruby & Millie for Loose Powder and Chanel for the pressed variety.
For Cate’s shiny taupe eyes, reminiscent of Zac Posen’s Spring/Summer models, apply Estee Lauder's Metallic eye shadow over and under the eye with a soft round brush and, using the applicator, press Estee Lauder’s Ivory Box eye shadow onto the inner corners, highlighting the area around the tear ducts.
You can allow lashes to stand out with this look, so after curling, I’d go for Shu Uemura’s Fibre Extension Mascara. For a shiny neutral pout, try Laura Mercier's Nude Lips lipstick, blot and repeat, then apply some Guerlain Kisskiss lip gloss to your lip’s centre. The perfect understated blush for this look is Estee lauder’s Plum Nuance.
When it comes to her hair Cate never looks as though she's tried too hard - it's always just effortlessly chic. Create mouldable hair by spaying Bumble and Bumble 'prep' spray onto clean, damp hair and blow dry.
Using large tongs, curl the hair and leave in either large rollers or hair pins whilst you do your make-up.
At the last minute, take out pins/rollers, go through hair with your fingers and fold the hair into a loose chignon or knot in the back, leaving some hair loose in the front. A finishing spray of Ellnett will ensure that you keep that curl.'

CAMERON DIAZ: Eighties Glamazon Newly single Cameron Diaz has recently morphed from eclectic LA tomboy to full on fashionista and was one of the first to sport the latest spring hair and make-up look.
Wisely, because of her darker hair colour, Cameron has chosen (with a little help from Gucci Westman, her make-up artist) to go for warmer toned skin, which along with her glossy, rasberry-red lips and shiny taupe eyes creates a glamorously modern look which is straight from the runways of Anna Sui, Zac Posen and Valentino’s spring/summer shows.
DuWop has a fabulous compact (or ‘Cameron kit’as I've dubbed it) called Bronze Rush that has the perfect bronzer alongside the perfect rasberry-red gloss. Alternatively, try Guerlain's Terracotta Sheer Bronzing Powder.
For a deeper raspberry-red, try Chanel’s New York Red lipstick. Blot, re-apply and dab some clear lip-gloss from Lancome on the centre of your mouth. Keep the blush low key in this look, so go for a neutral blush like Estee Lauder's Tender Blush.
For Cameron’s shiny taupe eyes, try a subtle creamy taupe eye shadow like Satin Taupe by Mac or Paul & Joe’s ‘Face Colour Powder’ in 050 to highlight inner eye corners. Finish off the eyes with Clinique's High Definition mascara. Cameron's ‘I did-it-myself-but-actually-it-took-an-hour’ hair is the perfect way of getting away with red lipstick and a full on gown like the white confection she wore at the Golden Globes.
For this hair look, spray Kerastase Vernis Nutri-Sculpt to clean, damp hair and blow dry. This will give the volume to play with. Style with Kerastase Serum Apres Soleil after-sun hair serum to create some separation and shine.

ANNE HATHAWAY: Cool Princess Anne Hathaway has also had a turnaround in style going from girl next door in The Princess Diaries to Hollywood's hottest property in The Devil Wears Prada.
At the Venice premiere of The Devil Wears Prada, Anne was wearing an ivory ‘goddess’ dress by Valentino, so hairdresser Raphael Salley and I decided that the best look would be a runway take on classic beauty - pretty eyes and healthy, flushed cheeks.
There is rarely a show season that doesn’t have this make-up look on one or two catwalks, as Temperley and Ferragamo’s Spring/Summer 07 show so beautifully proved.
Once Anne’s skin was perfected - in her case an easy task - I applied Chanel’s Blusher in Orchid Rose to the ‘apple’ of her cheeks. On her eyes I used the DuWop eye-shadow duo in Plum Wine and made sure that no colour went above her socket line.
I then outlined the inner rim of her eyes with a grey eye pencil from No 7 and mixed a combination of Estee Lauder's black eye pencil and Mac liquid liner along the edge of her top eyelashes, creating a ‘tick’ on the outer edge of her eye.
Eyelash curling was followed by lashings of Ruby & Millie's black mascara. I then lined Anne’s lips with Linen Lip Liner by Dior and finished off with Estee Lauder’s Crystal Baby lipstick.

saniyairshad

Grammy Awards MU Part 2

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv... in_a_source=

JENNIFER CONNOLLY: Downtown Ingenue When it comes to the red carpet, Jennifer Connolly is a dedicated follower of fashion. In reality, as a mother, she's a life-long member of the jeans, T-shirt and no make-up club.
Maybe this is why she loves going to town when it comes to big glitzy events and why she is always ‘game’ for experimenting with make-up - she is such a versatile subject to work on.
For the London premiere of Blood Diamond recently, Jennifer wore an edgy Lanvin coatdress as freezing temperatures made it inappropriate for a skimpy gown. Jennifer and I chose to keep an edge to the make-up by adding a fresher take on the smoky eyed look - using light reflective colour instead of flat greyish brown.
I began by applying Nars Ondine shadow over the top lid with a round eye-shadow brush, then, using a thin brush, I lined her eyes next to the top lashes with Laura Mercier's Eclipse Mineral Eye Powder.
As a dramatic contrast, I added a smoky sweep of Shu Uemura’s ‘Brown’ eye shadow and lined the inner rim of her eyes with Chanel’s bronze eyeliner. After Jennifer curled her lashes, I applied Clinique’s mascara in Glossy Black. To warm and shade the cheeks I applied Chanel’s blusher in Mystery.
For the lips, I used Dior’s lip liner in Linen then used a liberal coat of Chanel’s ‘Levres Scintillantes Glossimer 84’ lip gloss which Jennifer liked so much I ended up using it for the whole European junket.
One of my favourite hairdressers, Ken O’Rourke, was responsible for Jennifer’s undone-yet-done hairstyle, which he called a ‘modern chignon’- a look also seen on the runways of Balmain and Carolina Herrera.
Ken recommends applying Aveda’s ‘Phomollinent’ setting mousse to clean, damp hair before blow-drying. ‘This ensures that you can mould the hair in to any shape you wish’. Another product that Ken loves is Marc Jacobs Hair Gloss, which gives the hair a great shine and also smells fabulous.

THANDIE NEWTON: Chameleon Working with Thandie Newton is like getting ready for a night out with the girls, it never feels like work.
She is keen to try out new ideas and has always given me free reign ever since our first shoot together last year for Vogue, when I covered her eyes in bright purple.
For the Bafta’s last week, Thandie asked Giles Deacon to design a gown especially for the event and boy, did he deliver. This raised the beauty ‘bar’ and I had no choice but to truly go to town with the make-up.
Apart from Revolution Tinted Body Moisturiser by DuWop to subtly bronze her décolleté and arms, Thandie’s entire make-up look was created using Chanel cosmetics, as the pigments are strong and pick up beautifully on film.
I began by warming up her skin with Vitalumiere in Naturel and applied Natural Finish Loose Powder in Peche more generously than usual as the make-up had to hold right through to the dance floor of the Miramax party. I applied Reflex blush along her cheekbones. With her eyes, I started by applying the taupe colour from the Desert Rose eye shadow duo over the lid and beneath the eye, blending outward. Then, using a black eye pencil, I drew a line close to the lashes - a real must for creating smokey eyes - and applied River light eyeshadow onto the entire lid, accentuating the outer corner slightly and blending outward, towards the top of the ear.
Evergreen eyeliner was applied on the inner rim and Mac's black liquid liner was applied in a ‘tick’ to polish and define the shape. The finishing touch was lashings of black Inimitable mascara.
A trick of the trade for perfect pouts is to go over the edge of the lips using the foundation sponge and then set with powder. The neutral base makes the most of the lip colour with the added benefit of it ensuring long-lasting perfection.
I decided to combine Thandie's perfectly matte, caramel skin with Glossimer lip-gloss in Unity as it made her lips ‘pop’ and take on a ‘hyper-real’ quality.
For her hair, maestro Kerry Warn applied John Frieda’s 5 minute manager from the Frizz Ease range followed by blow drying to create a mouldable base.
The hair was then teased and pinned into its dramatic shape and sprayed well with John Frieda’s Moisture Barrier hair Spray. Sheer Blonde Wax Shine was then used to tame Thandie’s baby hairs and give a little shine.

SIENNA MILLER: Bare-faced babe Love it or loath it, Sienna Miller always has a style surprise up her so-ahead-of-the-minute-sleeve. The Golden Globes this year were no exception as she strode the red carpet with what appeared to be nothing on her face but an ample coat of mascara, some lip balm, a rather large plait worn as a hair-band and a big smile. A simple make-up look is always best on Sienna - less is more, as her natural beauty loses its impact the more makeup she wears. She also has the most beautiful complexion, dotted with sexy freckles.
The 'no make-up make-up' was a popular look for Spring/Summer shows and was seen at Burberry Prorsum and Alberta Ferretti’s runways. For the very young or very perfect, the natural look is easy, but for the majority of us who need a little work to get us looking good ‘naturally’, you need a few tricks of the trade.
To get skin looking even, luminous and transparent, mix a little light foundation, like Teint Innocence by Chanel, with moisturiser and blend into the skin with your fingertips. For extra luminosity, apply Revlon's Skinlights In Warm Peach around the top of your cheekbones. Alternatively, try Laura Mercier's tinted moisturiser.
The most barely-there blush is the cream variety and Bobbi Brown has a great selection of these, or try Estee Lauder’s new Tender Blush Sheer Stick. For shine-free skin without the powder, try blotting papers - Chanel and Paul & Joe are my favourites, as they each come with a glamorous touch up mirror.
Prada skincare has created the perfect tinted lip balms in a shade to suit every skin tone but for this look, try the peachy tone of number 3 or Beige lipstick by Estee Lauder. Sienna is a huge fan of mascara. We worked together with the photographer Bruce Weber, who is famous for his love of a natural, make-up free face. Sienna looked up at me and said sweetly, ‘Can’t I have a bit more mascara'? I gave in to her request as I could see it suited her so well.
Eagle-eyed Bruce must have agreed, as he never mentioned anything. It must have been my Clinique Glossy Black mascara, a foolproof choice for long, naturally black looking eyelashes.

saniyairshad

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinaRose
Thank you for posting this! Thandie Newton was my fave.

ur welcome latinarose

saniyairshad

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerhead
Thanks! I like Cameron's makeup the best, most of these celebrities dont even wear proper lipstick!

true...i agree
lmao.gif