Gratis (was Re: MAC Store Cashier?)

xxyrbestbetxx

i know this question might be really vague, but do you guys know what products are given as the gratis? i have my basic training on june 12th, so i wanted to know what i would receive so if i decide to buy new makeup, it won't be duplicated.

VeronikaJ

What do you mean? Are you asking what Gratis will be given at Basic? Typically, Gratis isn't given at all at Basic- I mean you may recieve a mascara or something but this is not a standard MAC practice. Gratis is given to permanent artists at the arrival of new launches...you should have received an update book at your last Update training... this will list which products are received as Gratis. Gratis is handed out by your retail manager or whoever is designated at your location. I would not expect Gratis at Basic. It's something given out at your individual location.

MisStarrlight

Yeah, Gratis will come with every launch & with EMS (when you get a designated amount to spend on MAC stuff 2x a year) takes forever to arrive & you can pick whatever you want....for your purchases right now I would say to stick with stuff from the permanent collection & get yourself stocked up from there.

xxyrbestbetxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeronikaJ
Gratis is given to permanent artists at the arrival of new launches...you should have received an update book at your last Update training... this will list which products are received as Gratis. Gratis is handed out by your retail manager or whoever is designated at your location. I would not expect Gratis at Basic. It's something given out at your individual location.

ohhh. i haven't gone to any update trainings...nordstroms just hired me for the mac counter and so their training starts on tuesday and the basic training starts june 12th. thankssssss !!!!!

do you know what exactly happens at basic besides getting more product knowledge?

giz2000

You end up doing makeup on each other at basic...plus you learn the history of MAC, practice different looks and lash application and just generally have a great time. You also meet a bunch of new people...
smiles.gif

Latest posts