grease paint question

Christina983

Good Morning!

Ive been reading the threads on the upcoming collections and im confused to as what the grease paint sticks are used for? are they a base or an eyeliner or soemthing else? they look so pretty on the swatches, what is their reccomended use?

thanks so much!

LMD84

i think they're used as a shadow or really thick smudge of black above your lash line. they come with a sharpener at one end so you can sharpen it to more of a point to make a finer line for liner.

as for using as a base i'm not sure. it's commeted that they dry very quick and don't budge which is great... but equally they are not sticky so not sure what a shadow or piggie would be like over them. cannot wait to try it out though!!!

BunnyBunnyBunny

It's also important to note that Greasepaint Stick in Style Black and Dsquared2 is a medium-full coverage flat black while the two colored ones called B and V in Dsquared2 are sheer to medium coverage.

II3rinII

its like a marriage between sharkskin shadestick and engraved power point. its thick like a shadestick and twists up, it doesnt have a sharpener on it. its not recommended for the water line. it is water proof, glides on skin very easy, gives a rocker smudged kind of look to the eyes and has a bit of irredesence to it.

sfmakeupjunkie

They do have a built in sharpener that pulls out of the bottom of the stick.

Shadow looks beautiful on top of them, especially all those blacks with glitter, like Black Tied and Beauty Marked. The new MES that are part of Style Black that have a black base are amazing on top.

The greasepaint was supposed to be reminiscent of when they use gloss on the eyelids and you get that shiny and messy but gorgeous look. Since most of us can't or won't wear gloss on our lids this is the alternative to get that look of rocker chic.

II3rinII

^^are you sure about the sharpener? i didnt notice that at update and our trainer didnt mention it :/. it looked like shadestick packaging, but then again, training samples are often times different from the final packaging.

LMD84

i think bunny posted that the end popped off (like where you swivle up the shadestick) and there is a little sharpener there.

sfmakeupjunkie

Yep I am sure about the sharpener. We were all super surprised at our update but thought it was really cool. It reminds me of the Bare Escentuals Quick Sticks packaging.

erine1881

man that sucks erin!
ssad.gif
the sharpener was the first thing we were shown about it!

Cmhchic40

Quote:
Originally Posted by II3rinII
its like a marriage between sharkskin shadestick and engraved power point. its thick like a shadestick and twists up, it doesnt have a sharpener on it. its not recommended for the water line. it is water proof, glides on skin very easy, gives a rocker smudged kind of look to the eyes and has a bit of irredesence to it.

From what the posters have said here, it seems these are drastically different from the Pro Paint Sticks, which I thought were grease as well. Do you know what the difference between the two are besides the packaging/shape? I love the colors of the paint sticks, but so far, I haven't used them successfully. Even with powder on top of a thin layer they don't seem to dry.

Any advice on using the Paint Sticks?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmhchic40
From what the posters have said here, it seems these are drastically different from the Pro Paint Sticks, which I thought were grease as well. Do you know what the difference between the two are besides the packaging/shape? I love the colors of the paint sticks, but so far, I haven't used them successfully. Even with powder on top of a thin layer they don't seem to dry.

Any advice on using the Paint Sticks?

Paint sticks are a highly emollient cream product that does not and will not dry down. You can set it with invisible set powder, but in can still transfer if rubbed against something.

Cmhchic40

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
Paint sticks are a highly emollient cream product that does not and will not dry down. You can set it with invisible set powder, but in can still transfer if rubbed against something.

So would be the best use for them?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmhchic40
So would be the best use for them?

With a thin layer it can be used as a shadow base. Other than that its more of a theatrical product for face/body.

bumblebees24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikky
How do these do on people's eyes who have trouble with a lot of smudging and creases?

I have smudging and creasing problem but did not have issues with the greasesticks. The toughest part for me is applying them on the lid. The colors are great when swatched but tugs on the lid, making it difficult to get the same intensity. I personally find paint pots much easier to use.

Chikky

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm going to have the same 'problem', as it were. I already have enough trouble with tugging. Thanks for the answer. Good to hear it doesn't prove to have many problems with creasing, though!

I think the 'grease' part of the name made me wary.