Greasy Eyelids!!

afshanq

I've had this dilemma ever since I been applying eyeshadow on my eyelids. I have used primers, concealers, eye paint, foundation on concealer, powder, everything! but my eyemakeup always gathers into the eyelid crease!

What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions?

DirtyPlum

Do not use concealer or foundation
Dont use your fingers to apply any products, only brushes

Use Urban decay primer potion or paints (not paint pots) from MAC and set with mac blot powder.

lsperry

I have very greasy eye lids and I use Urban Decay Primer Portion. Read this thread -- some good information is in it and some suggestions for other es primers. http://specktra.net/f266/ud-primer-potion-rocks-46948/

What primers have you used? Some people swear by paints or shadesticks. Both of these crease on me if I don't use UDPP 1st. The only other product that does not crease on me is the paint pot. So, now I can use either UDPP or paint pots as an eye shadow base.

UDPP is so good, that as part of my skin care regimen, I use MAC’s Fast Response Eye Cream all over my eyes and w/UDPP, I still have no creasing. Whereas before, my eye shadows would crease w/out UDPP.

Hope all of this makes sense.

TISH1124

^^ I agree with the paint pot...after the UDPP....If you let it dry completely before putting on your shadows it normally works great!

allthatgl1tt3rs

I have exactly the same problem. After 2 hours my eye shadow/eyeliner has either leaked down under my eyes (giving me that awful tired look without the tiredness) OR the shadow has gathered all in the crease on my upper lid but good luck seeing it on my lid!
ssad.gif

I find Barry M Dazzle Dusts quite good at staying put though! But I was really relying on Urban Decay's Primer Potion to save me from this creasing/escaping problem. I haven't bought it yet but am about to - does anyone else suffer from this problem and UDPP has saved them? *crosses fingers and wishes loads* x

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by allthatgl1tt3rs
But I was really relying on Urban Decay's Primer Potion to save me from this creasing/escaping problem. I haven't bought it yet but am about to - does anyone else suffer from this problem and UDPP has saved them? *crosses fingers and wishes loads* x

Yes, it will eliminate the "creasing/escaping problem". The trick is to use the tiniest amount of UDPP. In fact, I put it all over my eye and on the lower lash line. Nothing ever runs or creases. I used to use Benefit She Laq on my lower lash line after applying my shadows there to keep them from running when my eyes watered. I don't anymore because my es stays put since I use UDPP on my lower lash line, too.

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittykit
I've oily eyelids too! I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance and it works great!

I'm waiting on a sample of this from Too Faced.com. It was added to my order yesterday. Been wanting to try it.

allthatgl1tt3rs

Thanks lsperry - that's good to know re: lower lash line as I need something that'll help liner/eyeshadow stay put there too!
yes.gif

Lauren1981

i had the creasing problem and i started using UDPP and it made me feel like i had new eyeshadows. lol! i love it and it doesn't crease. i put on my makeup around 6:30 in the morning (just during the week) and even when i'm leaving work it still looks like it did when i first put it on.
eye paints work well to but i don't use mine that often. they do work tho
winks.gif

smeegal9

Don't forget to blot the eye with some tissue before you use a MAC paint or UDPP. If I don't do this I will still get oil breakthrough in 2 hours.
Also the paints with shimmer dont hold as well as the flat. I like BAMBoom, but the Magrites paint was terrible.
thmbup.gif
I don't even bother using shadow if I dont have a paint or UDPP. And I second the fact that pots aren't good for oily lids.

ExquizitDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by allthatgl1tt3rs
I have exactly the same problem. After 2 hours my eye shadow/eyeliner has either leaked down under my eyes (giving me that awful tired look without the tiredness) OR the shadow has gathered all in the crease on my upper lid but good luck seeing it on my lid!
ssad.gif
I haven't bought it yet but am about to - does anyone else suffer from this problem and UDPP has saved them?

YES! YES! Did I say YES!!
winks.gif
UDPP is definitely a cult fave deserving of its reputation!!! I am sooooo oily it's ridiculous! But this is the ONLY product that really works for me w/o any e/s creasing or breakthrouh oiliness. I cannot rave enough about t. There aren't many products that have impressed me this much. Now if I could only find a foundation, face primer, and powder that does the same I would be one happy chica!

afshanq

Ok so ive taken all the advice on board and dashed out to buy UDPP. OMG!! Why have I not seen or used this product before!! How did I manage!

Love you guys!!

MissResha

UDPP is a must

but if you already have oily eyelids, try Too Faced Shadow Insurance. the texture is slightly thicker than UDPP, so it's not as slick as UDPP. I have both just because they were on sale about 2 weeks ago lol.

ALSO, if you have oily eyelids, try Diva Defense Primer from Coastal Scents (Coastal Scents: Diva Defense Primer)

Dust this on your eyelid (a little goes a long way), and let it "set in" for about 2 minutes. It is a MUST HAVE for anyone with oily eyelids or a combo/oily t-zone. This stuff is amazing. I always get a lil oily a few hours after i put on my makeup around my nose area, but since i've been using this stuff, i dont even have to blot anymore. it's really great. I'm sure this could work miracles for oily eyelids too. You can either get a sample jar or the full size jar, but just know that the full size jar has a TON of product in it.

I use a very dense and very soft kabuki brush (Too Faced Retractable Kabuki w/ teddy bear hair) to apply it all over my face, eyelids included. then i put on my mineral foundation, then UDPP and i'm good to go.

MAC_Diva

I have greasy lids and both shadesticks and paint pots work for me (i only have painterly). My eyeliner and mascara does tend to disappear throught the day, though.

MissResha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Diva
I have greasy lids and both shadesticks and paint pots work for me (i only have painterly). My eyeliner and mascara does tend to disappear throught the day, though.

have you tried Urban Decay's 24/7 liners? they last me ALL day. i used to have to reapply my eyeliner ALL the time, but UD lasts mostly all day. i love it and will honestly never buy another eyeliner

LatinaRose

I have greasy lids too and I also use UDPP with a paint pot on top. I really want to try Shadow Insurance too.

Meisje

I only discovered eyeshadow primers after becoming addicted to MakeupGeek.com --- I started using Too Faced Shadow Insurance and it really works for me. I have oily lids and deep set eyes, and before the primer I had given up on shadow because it only lasted an hour or so.

I'm interested in trying MAC paint pots as well.