green concealer

scrapbookromance

(this might belong is recs, so mods feel free to move it if nessecary)

Is MAC's green concealer anything to rave about? I'm looking for a good green concealer - gotta buy it in the next two days before I leave for the beach on saturday ha. it will be mostly to cover blemishes
th_confused_new.gif
but I don't want it to do that weird drying out flakey thing. is MAC the way to go with this or should I consider other options first? (for reference: combination skin, somewhat sensitive skin, prone to hormonal breakouts but not sure if I break out to products)

and while I'm at it - what's the peach concealer used for?

TIA

giz2000

The green concealer is usually either layered or mixed with regular concealer or foundation to concealer anything red...I haven't heard of it drying anyone out (but if you're using something to get rid of the blemishes and they're dried out and flaky, then anything you put over them will look crusty).

The peach concealer neutralizes purple/brown circles usually found in olive or tan skin...htH!!

moonrevel

I love the green concealer. I don't really have blemishes anymore, though, just a lot of discoloration from the ghosts of breakouts gone by. To neutralize the spots, I mix the green with my foundation on my hand before applying the mixture with either my 190 or 187. It works like a champ. I did this on a friend who has very very naturally red cheeks, and it completely neutralized the red. I've not found it drying at all used this way.

rouquinne

don't bother with the green concealer.

a good yellow-toned one will also neutralize red. i have a LOT of broken capillaries on my nose and i just use my Select Cover Up *after* my foundation and it works fine!

Latest posts