• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

green tutorial for the asian girls (and everyone else)

professionaltart

i really suck at doing tutorials but i like trying! i think that should count for something!

the lighting in my bathroom makes me look orange or everything look orange so i had to step out of the bathroom and change the settings around so sorry in advance anyway:

plainymcplain.jpg

yea thats me with no makeup, how sad i dont know why im smiling

1ststick.jpg

my new favorite foundation is Studio Stick so theres my studio stick on. at this point i already filled in my brows and curled my lashes.

Picture004.jpg

here i am blending it with a 190 brush

Picture005.jpg

i am a self proclaimed shadestick girl, cant deal with paints!!! so i used Lucky Jade on my lid

luckyjade.jpg

thats how far I took the Lucky Jade up. you could use any shadestick I usually use Shimmersand as my all purpose but I figured why not use a green one

highlight.jpg

here i used Meadowland which is a light green as a total brow wash. Meadowland was LE but Ive used Juxt before with the same result.
highlight2.jpg

Shadestick+Meadowland

steamy.jpg

so then I took Steamy with a 224 brush and just stuck it on my outer ...eye corner? this is a HUGE pet peeve of mine on anyone but particularly asian girls. the dark shadow that doesnt dare peek above the tiny crease/or no crease we have. i dont understand the purpose, you got the space so work it girl!!

Picture018.jpg

for God's sake BLEND!!@@@@@@!@@@ im using a 224 short handle

blendblendblend.jpg

thats me blending some plumage into the area, i use a windshield wiping motion

oh lets backtrack...here's my bronzer:
Picture001.jpg

Picture003.jpg

i put it in the "hollows" of my cheek aka i suck my face in and put it there as well as the bridge of my nose, my chin and my forehead

Picture025.jpg

Springsheen is my new favorite blush!

Picture027.jpg

i love my short handled LE brushes i dont know why

endyay.jpg

here is the end yay.

i filled my lips with Sublime Culture cremestick liner. Another huge pet peeve of mine is the concealer lip and i know some people have confessed to me about hating it as well but nobody ever says it so im gonna say it. I hate the concealer lip. It makes you look like a zombie. So then I filled the lip with Instant GOld lustreglass (my fave)!!!

And even though my alma mater made it into the NCAA tourney this year but lost to 1st seed UCONN in the first round, I am and will always be a Tar Heels fan.

gocarolina.jpg

GO TAR HEELS!

brandi

I Love You!!!! I Love Those Colors Youre Hott! N You Rock Tutorials....at Least You Put The Time To Do One!!!!!

theleopardcake

you look SO CUTE! i love you for doing this! asian girls need special assistance when it comes to eye makeup. thanks so much for doing this and the result is gorgeous!

p.s. when you use the shadestick as a base and then use diff eyeshadows to blend on top, does the shadestick like to move around (is it creamy)? or does it stay put? thanks in advance!

depecher

That is fantastic! I wish I had your talent but I don't. I guess that is why I am always at my counter.
winks.gif
Thank you for sharing.

aznsmurfy

YAY! Thanks for the tutorial! I really really like it, woot woot! I have the same peeve with the "outer eye corner"-thing. haha

Pootle_around

Thank you thank you thank you! Please do more tutes for Oriental eyes. And can you explain what you mean about the outer corner thing?

Beautiful1

You Rock Girlie!
eyelove.gif
I Love Your Tutorial (Even Though I Am Not Asian LOL) I Can Still Benefit From This! So Thanks A Lot Girlie!!!
th_kiss.gif

professionaltart

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandi
I Love You!!!! I Love Those Colors Youre Hott! N You Rock Tutorials....at Least You Put The Time To Do One!!!!!

aww brandi *bats eyelashes*

Quote:
Originally Posted by theleopardcake
p.s. when you use the shadestick as a base and then use diff eyeshadows to blend on top, does the shadestick like to move around (is it creamy)? or does it stay put? thanks in advance!

it stays put but it has a little more give than a paint. like you know how once a paint dries its done, its like dried and thats it. u know how theres like a defining line from where its my eyelid and where its a shadestick, u can use your finger and mush the line out a little so it blends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznsmurfy
YAY! Thanks for the tutorial! I really really like it, woot woot! I have the same peeve with the "outer eye corner"-thing. haha

ohh thank God, I thought I was the only one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pootle_around
Thank you thank you thank you! Please do more tutes for Oriental eyes. And can you explain what you mean about the outer corner thing?

When some asian girls (sorry I hate the word "oriental", it sounds so outdated. orientals are rugs not people) only put a big pop of color on the outer portion of their eyelids and thats it. It's very very close to the lashline and just in the corner.

thank you thank you to everyone else glad i could be of service!

ohnitapplebum

Oh WOW. As a fellow Asian, thank you so much for doing this. I know tutorials are really time-consuming. You look beautiful! And you look great without makeup too.

lovejam

Thank you!
greengrin.gif

I hate concealer lip too, but the one I hate even more is the ultra-pale and super-frosted lip. Like the really frosty light-pink lips. I just don't think it ever looks good, no matter how pretty the girl is.

Could you imagine super-frosted concealer lips?
lol.gif

AlliSwan

That is GORGEOUS! I know I've said it a milllllion times but you totally remind me of Mally (the famous pro MA that does Kelly Osbourne's makeup, among others)--you're so pretty!

afterglow

Thank you!! I NEED to learn properly how to put eyeshadow above my crease, it's freakin' bugging me, too! (But since I don't really know how, it just looks like crap.. dahhh, screwed either way). But I'm definitely going to try this tut!

theleopardcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by professionaltart
it stays put but it has a little more give than a paint. like you know how once a paint dries its done, its like dried and thats it. u know how theres like a defining line from where its my eyelid and where its a shadestick, u can use your finger and mush the line out a little so it blends.

ohh, but it's not really creamy right? because i hate it when it slips and moves around so i have to like apply more shadow to the bare parts and then it just ends up getting real clumpy.
weeping.gif

professionaltart

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovejam
Thank you!
greengrin.gif

I hate concealer lip too, but the one I hate even more is the ultra-pale and super-frosted lip. Like the really frosty light-pink lips. I just don't think it ever looks good, no matter how pretty the girl is.

Could you imagine super-frosted concealer lips?
lol.gif

THANK YOU -- i really hate the concealer lip its so played out. There's other ways to get a pale lip without making it look like...thick and beige. Gosh.

You kno what if I have time at work tomorrow I'm going to do a super-frosted concealer lip, or atleast im gonna try
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlliSwan
That is GORGEOUS! I know I've said it a milllllion times but you totally remind me of Mally (the famous pro MA that does Kelly Osbourne's makeup, among others)--you're so pretty!

thank you honey bunny! i was trying to remember what specktra member had said that to me before but i guess its yoU! thanks bunches i think mally is not only talented but very pretty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theleopardcake

ohh, but it's not really creamy right? because i hate it when it slips and moves around so i have to like apply more shadow to the bare parts and then it just ends up getting real clumpy.

i never get the clumpy problem with the shadestick it doesnt flake off. i get the flake off from Paints. give the shadestick a try !

theleopardcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by professionaltart
i never get the clumpy problem with the shadestick it doesnt flake off. i get the flake off from Paints. give the shadestick a try !

ooh okay. thank you so much! you have been an enormous help to me! thank you and i really think that you should make more tutorials :)

Latest posts