Grey Eyeshadow

coconut

I'm looking for recommendations for a medium grey eyeshadow. It can be shimmery or frosted, but it just has to be grey and not silver. I was thinking of trying cumulus from one of the new collections if they still have it. I'm pretty new my with MAC obsession...do stores usually still have LE items a few weeks after their release?

Thanks!

YvetteJeannine

You know, LORAC has some wonderful gray colors; you should check the line out (Sephora would be the best place to go to look)...Also, Bobbi Brown's line is good for grays too.

As far as medium gray tones in the MAC line, Electra is good...very pretty and has a nice shimmer..but I'm not sure if you'd consider this to be more silver than gray-but it's worth checking out anyway
winks.gif
I've never tried Swan Lake (sugg. above), but I have seen it on the website, and it just might be what you're looking for.

Anyway, I would look in Sephora....there are SO MANY great brands out there, and you'll have loads to pick from. Have a good time looking!!!!

d_flawless

silver ring if you want a lighter, more silvery color
print for more matte, less shimmer
knight divine (with a light hand) for a more intense, smokey grey

panda0410

MACs Dovefeather is a beautiful grey!! It is LE though so might be harder to find, but is worth it if you can get a hold of it.

jilliandanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
MACs Dovefeather is a beautiful grey!! It is LE though so might be harder to find, but is worth it if you can get a hold of it.

To me Dovefeather is more of a lavendar-grey.

If you want a dark gray I suggest scene or print. A mid tone gray I suggest Silver Ring. Still slightly more silver than gray, but definitely more gray than Electra. You can also just layer a black and white eyeshadow to get your perfect shade.

coconut

Thanks everyone!

Some of the LE ones sound the nicest, but I can't be bothered to search for these items and I can't afford to pay the extra cost of getting them.

I have scene and knight divine. I love scene, but it definitely has a strong blue hint to it (which is nice, but I just want a true grey as well). Knight divine is great too but it's darker than what I'm looking for in this case.

Electra definitely looks too silver-y. Silver ring seems like it might work, although it might a bit more shimmery than I want. Print looks promising, although possibly a bit darker than I would like. Haha, apparently I am picky
smiles.gif

Has anyone tried cumulus (blue storm) or copperplate (matte2)?

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconut
Thanks everyone!

Some of the LE ones sound the nicest, but I can't be bothered to search for these items and I can't afford to pay the extra cost of getting them.

I have scene and knight divine. I love scene, but it definitely has a strong blue hint to it (which is nice, but I just want a true grey as well). Knight divine is great too but it's darker than what I'm looking for in this case.

Electra definitely looks too silver-y. Silver ring seems like it might work, although it might a bit more shimmery than I want. Print looks promising, although possibly a bit darker than I would like. Haha, apparently I am picky
smiles.gif

Has anyone tried cumulus (blue storm) or copperplate (matte2)?

Why not try Soot from the new Pro line extension? I have tried Cumulus, in the store multiple times, it was very light to me. It doesn't have the pay off of a mid-tone grey. Instead it's more like light grey and a satin textured silver mixed together.

KTB

I have Silver Ring and it's not as frosty as I was expecting which is nice
smiles.gif

Cumulus definitely has a blue cast to it. Still a great colour but not a true grey.

Don't know about copperplate. Hope this helps a little.

coconut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
Why not try Soot from the new Pro line extension? I have tried Cumulus, in the store multiple times, it was very light to me. It doesn't have the pay off of a mid-tone grey. Instead it's more like light grey and a satin textured silver mixed together.

Thanks for the review on cumulus...doesn't sound like what I'm looking for.

How do I get products from the Pro line? Are there specific stores? I don't think I've seen such a thing here in Vancouver, Canada.

Latest posts