Grey Glitter Nail Polish?

LisaOrestea

Hey guys

I don't know if this is the right place to ask - but I am after a grey nail polish which is pretty much solid glitter (In the same way that the barry m glitter top coats are solid.)

I am having a very hard time finding one though :'(

Even if there was something like China Glaze's Ruby Pumps - but in Grey it would be amazing!

If anyone knows of any, I would be very appreciative
greengrin.gif

ruthless

I can't think of one offhand, I can only think of silver. Have you considered just mixing your own?

LisaOrestea

I did think about it, but finding the right glitter to put in it is proving difficult too
ssad.gif

I don't even really know where I got the idea in my head from haha - I think I must have dreamt it :p

LisaOrestea

Oooh, that looks really pretty! Do you remember which products you used?

I will definitely look more into making it myself but I do really like the colour in your picture so I think that will do me just fine for now
greengrin.gif

LeopardLove

All I can think of is silver also. My fav is actually by Covergirl, it's called Disco Dazzle and has a mix of chunky and tiny holographic glitter. My fav grey underneath it is OPI My Private Jet.

Meisje

I saw a Nicole glittery silver as well as a Twilight brand one at the drugstore last time I went.

kaliraksha

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaOrestea
Oooh, that looks really pretty! Do you remember which products you used?

I will definitely look more into making it myself but I do really like the colour in your picture so I think that will do me just fine for now
greengrin.gif

I used Sally Hansen's Gunmetal under and China Glaze Let's Do It in 3D on top. Then finished it with Seche Vite for maximum gloss.

aradhana

there are some revlon polishes in the stores for back to school/fall where there are two layers, one kind of normal, then an over layer of glitter. they come in a few different shades, including silver...though maybe that's not quite what you want.

i also just watched a video on the elle uk website this morning about doing a bit of a diy glitter nail....the finished effect had very densely applied glitter at the tips of the nails. they recommended buying the glitter at a beauty/nail supply place or a craft store and mixing that with a regular clear polish. craft stores often have quite a good colour selection so maybe worth a shot?

dressedtokill

The only one I can think of is OPI Brand New Skates, but it's not solid glitter like you want. I suppose it might look similar if you painted a glitter topcoat over it?