Grey shadow advice

KTB

I'm looking for a grey (or silvery) shadow that doesn't look blusish on me. Electra, Silver Ring and Cumulua all end up looking bluey
ssad.gif

I'm now looking at Print or Knight DIvine although they look a bit dark so I'm scared of them
ssad.gif
Anyway, if you were to pick one which would you go with? I don't want one that ends up looky really shimery if that makes a difference.

Thanks
th_DANCE.gif

gigglegirl

are you willing to try a matte. well specifically matte 2. I too was looking for a great grey colour especially for a daytime-neutral-work look. Knight Divine is too dark and better for my crease look.

Take a look at Copperplate, its a matte2 finish. They are nice and easy to apply and blend. Its a more lighter grey. And if you wanted to add some kind of finish you could layer/lightly swipe a nude colour overtop.

KTB

Thanks gigglegirl I'll definitely check that out. I never thought of the matte2 collection I'll go take a look right now
greengrin.gif

tiramisu

well, you might run into a problem there... b/c it just seems that a lot of the lighter greys are shimmery. I would first have recommended Anti-establishment, but it was LE, and is shimmery.
But I really recommend Print, because it sounds like what you're looking for. "Print" is the perfect name for it.. I think it is a satin, so no shimmer worries--plus it is a "newsprint" grey... granted it is dark but only takes a short time to figure how to work with it b/c it blends well. Plus it never looks blue, on my skin tone at least. It would look good with the greys you've got already. But electra goes blue on you though? That doesn't happen to me...

I don't know about the mattene shadows, b/c I didn't get any!!

KTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraAmericana
Could you do Silver Ring and add Carbon to it to grey it up?

I've tried this, well with Black Tied and it sort of works but truth be told I'm lazy and want a grey that I don't have to work too hard for :p

I think this might just be the shadow I'll be searching for forever
smiles.gif

tiramisu - I've seen Anti-Establishment and think it would fit what I'm after (I can get over the shimmeriness if I can get the colour I want
smiles.gif
)so I'll be checking the swap/sell board for it

tiramisu

well, I thought so too; but there's no way I am parting with mine!! LOL
You should be able to find it on swaps... good luck!

SparklingWaves

I have a lot of grey colors in many different lines. Check out Sterling in Bobbie Brown. If you want a darker grey to go with that, look at Gunmetal. Now, she does have matte greys too - ex: steel. I don't know what level of grey you may want. The l/e Midnight Metallics has a sterling grey silver in the middle section. This has shimmer to it.

Also, Prescriptives has one called Storm too. They are starting to put the names on the back of the e/s. I am so glad.

In Chanel, I think it's called silvery. I depotted all of my e/s from Chanel, so I don't have the names on them. This color is very shiny. I like to wear these wet for intensity or dry for a sheer look. This one may not be what you are looking for in the grey arena.

Girl about town

the holiday smoky eyes palette has knight devine and one called courtly grey (i think!!!!) it is a fab mid grey matt colour that is not blue at all i wear it with gesso and it looks amazing x

tiramisu

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
I like Scene. It's a nice grey that is lighter than Print. Copperplate is also good.

I thought about recommending Scene as well, but I think it is a definite bluish gray... also, Knight Divine, at least on me, definitely veers blue gray on.

KTB

Yeah Scene looks really pretty but a little too bluey for what I want at the moment. I think it will definitely make it into my collection at some point though
greengrin.gif

KTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiramisu
well, I thought so too; but there's no way I am parting with mine!! LOL
You should be able to find it on swaps... good luck!

Are you sure ?????? LOL
th_LMAO.gif

aziajs

So, are you looking for a more taupe-grey? If that's the case then Copperplate, French Grey and the grey from the Smokey Eyes palette would work well.

KTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
So, are you looking for a more taupe-grey? If that's the case then Copperplate, French Grey and the grey from the Smokey Eyes palette would work well.

I guess maybe that's the way to describe it. All I know is I want to get away from the blue tinge. I think I'm going to try Copperplate first and then build from there.

Thanks so much for all the advice
greengrin.gif

L281173

I also like Milan Mineral's Bragadocious eye color because of its slightly greenish gray tint. It is stunning for the evening.

Temptasia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuuipo
NARS Paris duo is a grey combo, true grey, no frost or blue undertones.

I second that.