Group Interview @ Sephora. EVERYBODY PLEASE HELP

purelyfabulous

hi all you beautiful people! I have a group interview friday at my local sephora and I'm soooo clueless! I talked to a fellow specktarian and she helped me but I was wondering what I should expect...

I don't have much retail experience, but I am quite knowledgeable in the beauty area (self-taught!!!).

As far as clothing wise I'm trying to figure if out if I should wear a classy all black -like the employees- or just business casual. dark colors? a pop of color?

As far as makeup, I already have an idea of what I want to wear face product wise, but the eyes and the lips are driving me crazy!!! I can NOT figure out if I want to do a neutral eye/dark red lip-only b/c its in right now OR if I want to do a matte eye/matte pink lip! Should I just go for an allover look? daily pin-up girl look? (red lips/soft matte eye/pearls/ruffly shirt?) or should I be a little more funkier?

The specktarian who helped me said that I shouldn't worry about the makeup as much , but that is my forte'!

If you have been in a group interview for Sephora or Ulta or what not, what types of questions should I expect? What is a sure fire way for me to get a one-on-one interview? Please help all!!!!!!!!!!

aleksis210

I actually never got a one on one ....it went straight from group meeting to being hired, but anyhow....I can't remember what questions they asked, but out of all the jobs I've ever been interviewed for, they ask the easiet questions, just be natural. I would go with a natural face as well, you want them to be able to focus on what you are saying. Also, don't forget to wear heels! I accidentally slipped on flipflops on my way out the door, talk about an outfit clash...they won't care what you wear as long as you look professional!

aziza

Aleksis, how long did it take for them to get back to you after the interview? Can anyone else contribute? I had an group interview about 2 1/2 weeks ago. I was one of the first to put an app in and I interviewed really early. I just want to know if I got the job *crosses fingers*

Pywackett

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziza
Aleksis, how long did it take for them to get back to you after the interview? Can anyone else contribute? I had an group interview about 2 1/2 weeks ago. I was one of the first to put an app in and I interviewed really early. I just want to know if I got the job *crosses fingers*

If it's been 2 1/2 weeks, you should definitely call and check in with them. It's perfectly reasonable to call them several days after the interview and ask if any decisions have been made.

It's also perfectly reasonable (and somewhat expected) for you to ask at the initial interview when you can expect to hear something one way or another. This way, if the person in charge is impolite enough not to contact all interviewees with news one way or another like a GOOD manager (just thanks for stopping by, but I'm sorry we've filled the position takes very little time on their part), you'll know up front when to check back in.

After 2 1/2 weeks, they could have already hired someone, they didn't work out, and you called at the right time to get the next opening. I hope it works out!