Growl frustrated with eyeshadow disappearing!

Belladonnastrap

So I have Untitled paint and I tend to use it underneath any eyeshadow combo I use but my shadows still disappear within like...the hour. Is there anything else I can use that will stop this or am I just doomed? Would buying different paints in different colours help?

I'm loving the white fluidline as a shadow base. Colours stay on for 12 hours when I use this, and no creasing! I've tried concealer, paints, etc, and this really works. Good thing too because I can't see myself using it as a liner.

glittergoddess27

Bare canvas is a good paint too if you still want to go that route,. there is not a lot of "color" to it. More of a skin tone. Untitled has a tint to it that could be showing through more as the time wears on through the day.

glittergoddess27

Oh and here's a note of interest,. I do this when I apply my pure mica pigments and it helps them stay on,....After you apply your makeup,.. hold a can of hairspray at complete arms length and quickly pass in front of your upper face while spraying,. (should be aerosol of course) this is kinda a cheap stay put for e/s and really makes the glitters stay on too!

jeanna

I would definitely take annietwinkletoes suggestion to use the white fluidline! but in terms of using paints as a base, i've found that it's worked for me. what i do is first apply a thin layer of foundation or concealer to the lid then follow that with a thin layer of the paint, from lashline to brow. then i take a little more of the paint and apply a second layer, this time only up to the crease. you have to work kind of fast with the paints because i've found they work best as a base if you don't allow it to fully dry before applying your eyeshadow over it. that way, the shadow really 'sticks' to it. another step that i sometimes add (if i know it's going to be an extra long day or night) is to use the benefit brand eye primer, F.Y.Eye. i use this after the layer of foundation and before paint.

however, having different shades of paint depending on the eyeshadow(s) you're wearing helps too. for example, for my green shadows, using chartru paint (which is green) helps the colour of the green shadow really pop as opposed to using it with something like stilife or untitled.

one last point (i promise!) is to consider the brush you're using and how you're using it. generally, brushes that have stiffer, more densely packed bristles tend to pick up [powder] shadows really well. then you would apply it in sort of a patting motion, almost as if you were 'packing' it on. blend afterwards with softer bristled brush if the colour goes on too harsh because of having 'packed' it on. i'm sorry this got so long, but i hope it helps!!! it's worked for me.... good luck
smiles.gif

Belladonnastrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanna
one last point (i promise!) is to consider the brush you're using and how you're using it. generally, brushes that have stiffer, more densely packed bristles tend to pick up [powder] shadows really well. then you would apply it in sort of a patting motion, almost as if you were 'packing' it on. blend afterwards with softer bristled brush if the colour goes on too harsh because of having 'packed' it on. i'm sorry this got so long, but i hope it helps!!! it's worked for me.... good luck
smiles.gif

I want to say thank you for the tip of patting my shadow on with a denser brush! I tried this with Freshwater and my 272 and it worked BEAUTIFULLY and definitely stayed on longer then normal!

I'll have to pick up more paints I think...and no Janice I've never even tried a Shadestick but I'm thinking it might be time to!

Thanks again for all the recs

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanna
I would definitely take annietwinkletoes suggestion to use the white fluidline! but in terms of using paints as a base, i've found that it's worked for me. what i do is first apply a thin layer of foundation or concealer to the lid then follow that with a thin layer of the paint, from lashline to brow. then i take a little more of the paint and apply a second layer, this time only up to the crease. you have to work kind of fast with the paints because i've found they work best as a base if you don't allow it to fully dry before applying your eyeshadow over it. that way, the shadow really 'sticks' to it. another step that i sometimes add (if i know it's going to be an extra long day or night) is to use the benefit brand eye primer, F.Y.Eye. i use this after the layer of foundation and before paint.

however, having different shades of paint depending on the eyeshadow(s) you're wearing helps too. for example, for my green shadows, using chartru paint (which is green) helps the colour of the green shadow really pop as opposed to using it with something like stilife or untitled.

smiles.gif

EXCELLENT advice!!!
bigstar.gif
thmbup.gif

to that i'll add that the frostlite fluidline and also paints work great for me...

MizMac

I totally love my shadesticks. I apply them straight to the eye and then buff it out with the 217 brush. Doing that makes them last all day for me.
When using pigments I use EZR, while it's still tacky I put the pigments on. You could try the EZR method with the shadows as well.

Latest posts