Grrrr @ face charts

makeup_wh0re

I printed a black face chart last night and tried to do it OH MY LORD....that is so hard! The colors wouldnt stay and it was just a pain in the Butt!

ANy suggestions on how to make it work better please! lol
I didn't even try to draw the top lashes cuz the bottom ones were hell.

c/c is definately welcome

One eye got smeared cuz my lil boy was picking it up and kissing it
greengrin.gif

I used....
mac stormwatch
milani shock
maybelline seashell
maybelline amethyst
a milani eyeliner ( a greenish gold color)

o0o and OMG I couldn't draw the eyebrows to save my life!

dfsd.jpg

starangel2383

i have played around with some face charts as well, and i understand how difficult it was for you. did you prep the paper after you printed it out? i mean did you put any sort of base like a cream color base on the paper where the eyeshadow was to go? thats what the girls at my local store told me to do. use a CCB like Luna or another type of cream base that will help the colors stay on the paper and not smudge.

starangel2383

btw.. i like the colors that you chose and how you shaded it. its very nice and i think you did a good job on the brows.

amoona

You have to used textured paper because that's what they're printed on. But face charts are hard in general it takes a lot of practice to get good at them. I hate doing them so I avoid it whenever I can.

janwa09

You can try using the same paper they do for Sketch Books like for pastel colors..it has a different texture to it that'll help the make-up adhere to the paper.

glamgirl

Face charts are hard at first, but with practice you will find your skills improving
Keep practicing and the texture paper that the charts are printed makes a difference.

ash10spro

textured charts are easier to work with. printing them on computer paper might not be the best idea. try perhaps printing them on watercolor paper?!? i usually just ask for them from my local counter and store, and they give me a crap load of them. they are free, so i take advantage of that fact. lol maybe ask for some the next time you stop at mac?

i know that most don't like to do them, but i love it! i get to design new looks for my clients, and go into a consultation with a game plan to work from. practice makes perfect, and so does blending. lol HTH =)

Katura

face charts are fun!

It does take a ton of practice to get brows straight and lashes on perfect...but everything else just takes time and blending. CCB's help color to stick, but be aware that its going to darken the color of the shadow (the kool aide effect...the powder is light until you add something liquid based...then it gets dark)...

start with less product and add as you go. Keep the part of the face you arent working on covered so that it doesnt get messed up/smuged. Use textured paper (or ask for them at your counter...they should give them t oyou) regular pink erasors will take off powder MU from paper...it will not take off anything creamy (it will smudge)

Latest posts