Grrrrr Orly price bump on Transdesign?

ruthless

I just noticed that all Orly is now 6 bucks a bottle on transdesign! That's up from the 3.20 or so it used to be, and as far as I'm aware no notice.

Sigh

I have copies of invoices that transdesign has sent me that include the price THEY pay as well as what I pay, from this past year. I don't know why this was done but I've had a couple like this from them.

China Glaze = 65cents per unit

OPI = 1.19 per unit

I suppose those are the wholesaler/distributor prices. I would imagine Orly is about the same since the price is similar to CG, and less than OPI. I suppose when you order by the hundreds (if not thousands) then you get a discount, but still.

This means that it's no longer beneficial for me to order Orly off of Transdesign. Boo.

ruthless

head2toe still seems to be offering at 3.75 per bottle, I'd place an order before they change their prices to reflect transdesigns (they seem to keep it the same)

LMD84

yea i noticed this a couple of weeks ago. plus the cosmic ones jumped from $7 to $10 overnight!!! hence why i still haven't bought any cosmic ones because i cant afford them right now!

kittykit

That sucks! Orly was $3.19 on Transdesign before. I hope they're not going to increase the price for CG!

ruthless

I know. The cosmic ones are supposed to retail for 10-I wonder what caused them to bump those prices up?

cutegingerbread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthless
I know. The cosmic ones are supposed to retail for 10-I wonder what caused them to bump those prices up?

I believe I read some where that the "pigment" used for those was more expensive.

But SHEESH $4 price increase per bottle more expensive?
thmbdn.gif

ruthless

They're 10 dollars on TransDesign which is exactly retail.

I just got my double invoice and Transdesign cost for following polishes are

Essie = 2 USD.

Color Club = 0.62 USD

Seche Vite = 1.02 USD

OPI Halloween min pack = 1.92 USD

CND The Look Night Factory Duo = 2.50 USD

As of December 2009 (looking through invoice history)

Orly = 0.79 USD

I don't seem to be able to find one of these dual invoices from last year with Essie on it, it would be interesting to see if their cost used to be lower than 2 dollars, which might explain the bump from 4 to 8 last year. Same with Orly. The idea that a polish company (OPI, Essie, Orly) could tell them to set their prices higher after they've paid for wholesale product is pretty silly in my opinion. I'm sure it's all profit margins.

That being said, this will probably be one of my last orders from Trans Design or Head2toe. Shipping is just too prohibitive, when you factor in the amount of money they are making off of each bottle the cost of shipping and handling just seems greedy, especially since small packages don't cost 20 bucks to send to Canada.

I suppose most of you wonder "What is the crazy lady making such a fuss about" well I work hard for my $$$ and I want the most for it. Also, being in the Great White North limits the amount of different brands I can get in person, so I take my internet shopping as srs bznss. It's looking like ebay will be my last resort

LMD84

i have been using ebay for the past 6 months now mainly due to silly shipping prices and jacked up prices
ssad.gif

LeopardLove

Orly is on sale for $3.79 at Sally's site currently. You can find good sale codes at retailmenot.com and save a bunch usually. I'm pretty sure they don't ship outside of the US though.

ruthless

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i have just seen that trasndesign is not shipping orly outside the us now
ssad.gif
wth?!

It appears they're not shipping overseas. I'm still safe, but I feel for you
ssad.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthless
Looks like Head2toe has bumped their prices to match. Sigh

for goodness sakes
ssad.gif
i really give up now. stupid bloody companies! how are trhey going to make money when they are stopping people ordering like that and putting the prices up by an insane amount?

Aww no, well it looks like I'll have to stop buying Orly, or at least in the amounts I normally buy! It's a good thing I ordered 12 last month!
ssad.gif

user79

They're more expensive than OPI now on both H2T and TD it's ridiculous. I do love their polishes tho but I don't think the price increase is warranted at all!

Daph_

Orly wanted to offer more of a salon brand (with the matching price - $ 10 a bottle), just like Essie and OPI raised their prices. It sucks, especially for those of us who live overseas, since the eBay sellers will raise their prices as wel. BUH!!

I'm glad that I snatched my Cosmic FX's the moment I saw them available, but I feel bummed that they raised their prices and make it almost impossible for us internationals to get our hands on it. It's sad really, Orly is one of my favorite brands and now they give me a mission impossible to get my hands on new polishes
ssad.gif

ruthless

Yes I understand that's why Essie and Orly have gone up but it doesn't effect the stock that Trans Design and Head2toe already have. I would imagine this boosts their profit margin by 5 bucks per bottle. I won't be ordering Orly from them at that price.

Daph_

No I know but Orly told TD to raise their prices so I don't think there's anything we can do..

Nicnivin

In my hunt to replace my Orly Galaxy Girl polish I found this site that was selling Orly cheaper than I have seen any where else. They have sister sites for other polishes but the prices are not as good as Transdesign. Not sure if they ship overseas, their site doesn't say if it does or not. Have fun shopping!

http://www.orlydiva.com/

Latest posts