Guerlain discussion

katred

Specktra Bestie
The more I look at the 3 rouge Gs, the more I like them. I agree, they are very comfortable to wear, and the scent is pleasant too. I thought the rouge Gs were becoming refillable, but they haven't, have they?
Now that you mention it, I thought I remembered hearing that too. Perhaps they weren't able to get it done? Or just an internet rumour? Honestly have to say that I wouldn't want to pay more for the ability to refill them, since I don't go through lipsticks enough to warrant that many refills.

I am interested in the Fall lipsticks, because I do love the formula and Guerlain has produced some of my very favourite Fall shades.

MACina

I wish that all Guerlain Rouge G lippies had this black case like the ones from Spring 2011 (Serie Noire)
eyelove.gif

The Mascara Noir has it too...so why not the lippies???

MarieMary

I wish that all Guerlain Rouge G lippies had this black case like the ones from Spring 2011 (Serie Noire)
eyelove.gif
I agree so much! And this packaging is more forgiving of fingerprints. I also liked that they were a bit sheerer. Rouge Sensuel.
heart.gif

As for whether or not the rouges G are overrated, I'm not sure. I think they live up to their reputation as far as quality is concerned (comfortable, moisturizing, pigmented except for a few shades, wonderful colors). But I think they are overpriced, especially if they're more expensive now.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I agree so much! And this packaging is more forgiving of fingerprints. I also liked that they were a bit sheerer. Rouge Sensuel.
heart.gif

As for whether or not the rouges G are overrated, I'm not sure. I think they live up to their reputation as far as quality is concerned (comfortable, moisturizing, pigmented except for a few shades, wonderful colors). But I think they are overpriced, especially if they're more expensive now.
Very good point. Rouge G's are excellent- one of my very favourite formulas, but what I always ask myself is if it's that much better than some less expensive formulas. Rouge d'Armani and even Guerlain's own Rouge Automatique formulas are phenomenal and cost $10-$15 less here. Of course, if I were to list off my favourite shades, there would be a few Rouge G's in the top 5, I'm certain (including Rouge Sensuel, which is a brilliant, refined, wearable red).

MACina

Exactly!
I hate fingerprints on my stuff and always have to clean everything
blush-anim-cl.gif

heart.gif

Dominique33

I need to make a point of wearing mine, can't remember when I last did!
I have the Extrait de Rouge in Luxure ( "Lust" if I am not wrong ! ), it's gorgeous. People always stare when I wear it. I made a mistake, sorry about that : the Rouges G are not overrated but overpriced. Of course it's pure luxury and Clé de Peau has some very pricey lipsticks so far I know ( 60 $ ? ) but the Rouge G is the most pricey here. 37 €, then comes the Givenchy le Rouge 33 € and then the Dior, Chanel ones. The Fall 2013 ones look impressive, initially I wanted the blush, the compact and loose powders, but not a Rouge G. When I see them in person maybe I'll change my mind though ! I don't think so because one of the things that annoy me is the weight, it's really heavy ( Guerlain insisted upon that, creating the heaviest and greatest lipsticks of all ).

katred

Specktra Bestie
Pink Sith posted a somewhat more detailed description of the collection:

www.pinksith.com/2013/07/guerlain-fall-2013-collection-voilette.html

The information that she has on the shadow duos makes me think that they're not supposed to be like regular shadows, but a combination of a more opaque and a shimmery translucent shade (which would explain why they looked the way that they did in the swatches that were posted earlier).

Dominique33

Pink Sith posted a somewhat more detailed description of the collection:

www.pinksith.com/2013/07/guerlain-fall-2013-collection-voilette.html

The information that she has on the shadow duos makes me think that they're not supposed to be like regular shadows, but a combination of a more opaque and a shimmery translucent shade (which would explain why they looked the way that they did in the swatches that were posted earlier).
Thank you for sharing, well very pretty things in this collection, I am not a fan of Guerlain eyeshadows but those seem different.

LiliV

[COLOR=800080]Did anyone read Cafe Makeup's speed review of Guerlain's Orchidee Imperiale foundation?[/COLOR] [COLOR=800080]It sounds amazing, but crazy expensive.  Even though I spend a ridiculous amount of money on Guerlain, I can't see myself shelling out 170 Euros (about US$222) to try this foundation.[/COLOR] [COLOR=800080][COLOR=800080]http://cafemakeup.com/2013/07/18/random-speed-reviews-guerlain-diptique-repetto-and-givenchy/[/COLOR][/COLOR]
I think that's a little nuts for a foundation. The most I'm willing to pay for foundation is $60-65. Right now I use Burberry Velvet which is $55. For $200+ I'd rather get really good skincare products

Anitacska

I think it is kinda skincare (bit like BB creams?), the Orchidee Imperial skincare line is very good. I have tried the serum and the cream, but it is crazy expensive, I agree.

[COLOR=800080][COLOR=800080]http://cafemakeup.com/2013/07/18/random-speed-reviews-guerlain-diptique-repetto-and-givenchy/[/COLOR][/COLOR] I think that's a little nuts for a foundation. The most I'm willing to pay for foundation is $60-65. Right now I use Burberry Velvet which is $55. For $200+ I'd rather get really good skincare products

Dominique33

Did anyone read Cafe Makeup's speed review of Guerlain's Orchidee Imperiale foundation?

It sounds amazing, but crazy expensive. Even though I spend a ridiculous amount of money on Guerlain, I can't see myself shelling out 170 Euros (about US$222) to try this foundation.

http://cafemakeup.com/2013/07/18/random-speed-reviews-guerlain-diptique-repetto-and-givenchy/
icon_eek.gif
I never wear foundation, 170 € well, it's really overpriced ! I'll save up for the Guerlain Fall collection but not for this luxury foundation.

Miss QQ

I've tried the foundation on my hand. I don't think I need it or want it yet because of the price, but maybe in a few year's time I'll be into these sort of foundation with skincare properties. I like Dior's Capture Totale foundation too, but don't own it. Not sure if it is as pricey.

katred

Specktra Bestie
http://www.kaisobsessions.com/?p=2266
Really like the look of Madame Batifole and Madame Flirt. I'll wait and see on the shadows, but I don't know that I'll be rushing for any of them. The lipsticks are actually the things that have me the most excited.

Latest posts