Guerlain discussion

stacekang

And the lipsticks packaging is so cute! I love the orange part and hot pink part on the black, but they didn't have tester units so I skipped for now.

novocainedreams

Hm... Miss T's review of the Crazy Bronzer has me kind of interested. It's not as bronze as they normally are...

http://www.temptalia.com/guerlain-crazy-terracotta-healthy-glow-powder-review-photos-swatches
I'm not much of a bronzer person but this swatch is gorgeous, I am wanting more and more from this collection.

powderprincess

I want the bronzer, pressed meteorites, and the loose. I'm hoping they are available on sephora F&F. I don't know if I can wait!

stacekang

Call neiman marcus in the galleria houston and they can ship them to you if you dont want to wait, they have everything

katred

Specktra Bestie
Provocative: http://www.temptalia.com/guerlain-provocative-863-rouge-g-de-guerlain-lip-color-review-photos-swatches

Looks like I might not be getting anything from this collection after all! I already have UD Catfight and it is very similar.

I have a mini of Catfight and I suppose I could just buy a full size any time I want... But I'm still fascinated by Provocative. The thing that always fascinates me about Rouge G's is that they have a depth to them, whether it's because there's a faint shimmer or an undertone that I can't quite put my finger on... I thought the same about Madame Batifole. I have a lot of intense berry-pink lipsticks, but none that have the certain "je ne sais quoi" of the Guerlain version.

Quote: Originally Posted by powderprincess

I want the bronzer, pressed meteorites, and the loose. I'm hoping they are available on sephora F&F. I don't know if I can wait!
Has Sephora in the US been getting much from Guerlain? The ones near me have received very little of the seasonal collections and have a tiny selection of the permanent items. It's kinda weird...

stacekang

I think whatever the rouge g formula has in it is what makes them so amazing
I have a mini of Catfight and I suppose I could just buy a full size any time I want... But I'm still fascinated by Provocative. The thing that always fascinates me about Rouge G's is that they have a depth to them, whether it's because there's a faint shimmer or an undertone that I can't quite put my finger on... I thought the same about Madame Batifole. I have a lot of intense berry-pink lipsticks, but none that have the certain "je ne sais quoi" of the Guerlain version.  Has Sephora in the US been getting much from Guerlain? The ones near me have received very little of the seasonal collections and have a tiny selection of the permanent items. It's kinda weird...

Knope2012

I would love to own a Rouge G someday. I'm still working myself up to the price, but the colors are truly stunning. I'm a little tempted to get Madame Batifole because of the gorgeous color and fishnet detailing.

Knope2012

It's amazing. If you are gonna cave eventually I say do it for this lippie. Amazing color and formula
Oh I'm definitely going to cave! I've said "no" to many things that seemed like too much money that I end up trying and loving later. I think this might be a good introduction to Rouge Gs.

Knope2012

Okay, I caved and ordered it off of Bloomingdales. I'm excited to get it! Too bad the intro 10% off code doesn't work on cosmetics purchases.

Miss QQ

Seems that Crazy Bronzer is similar to Chanel Espielge, which I have so it's a pass. Provocative looks more red than pink, but it still is very pretty. The palette may be a pass too because of the frostiness, and I have my eye on the duo Two Candy which has a gorgeous pink. I still like the shimmery spray.

MissTT

Okay, I caved and ordered it off of Bloomingdales. I'm excited to get it! Too bad the intro 10% off code doesn't work on cosmetics purchases.
I tried it too when I ordered mine. Oh well. At least there was free shipping. I can't believe I'm paying this much for a lipstick. A year and a half ago I would have hesitated on MAC's $15.

Knope2012

I tried it too when I ordered mine. Oh well. At least there was free shipping. I can't believe I'm paying this much for a lipstick. A year and a half ago I would have hesitated on MAC's $15.
Me too. I'm trying to buy a few high-end pieces I really love instead of lots and lots of MAC stuff that just sits there because I have so much of it. Of course, I'm still spending just as much, but hopefully my stash won't get to hoarder-levels as fast since there are fewer products I can buy.

purplemaren

I've been doing the same thing, and I'm much happier with my purchases. I'll still buy mac stuff I like, but I'm not going crazy and buying tons from each collection anymore. I'm only buying makeup and clothes/shoes I love now.

Knope2012

Also, I'm staying away from the Mac side of the forum, because it's easy to get caught up in the hype
Oh, me too! I look at all my MAC lipsticks and blushes and I realize I mainly bought most of them because of the hype and because they were more easily within my budget. I have way too much stuff now I'll never use. They have a few very special colors, but if I see several users really loving something, I buy it and end up using it only once or twice. I am really excited for Madame Batifole. I'm hoping these unique colors will make me more creative, and I'll stop buying so many similar colors.