Guerlain discussion

Dominique33

greengrin.gif
It's a bit my fault I know !

Starlight77

Oh wow, the enabling is strong in this thread. Better cover my eyes and run back to the Low-Buy thread.
girlhaha.gif
this is the "if you enter you must buy it' thread.

lol jk oh it's so pretty though. didn't you post if long ago? i remember seeing if a few weeks back.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member

lol jk oh it's so pretty though. didn't you post if long ago? i remember seeing if a few weeks back.
Yes, I posted some pics a while ago. It's so pretty to look at, but I really don't need it, so I will have to resist the enabling. Well, and because of the price.
girlhaha.gif

But I've fallen in love with swatches of the Rouge G Galiane; I've never tried a Guerlain lip product before, but I'm planning to get this at some point. Depending on when my budget allows it.

charismafulltv

Yes, I posted some pics a while ago. It's so pretty to look at, but I really don't need it, so I will have to resist the enabling. Well, and because of the price. :haha: But I've fallen in love with swatches of the Rouge G Galiane; I've never tried a Guerlain lip product before, but I'm planning to get this at some point. Depending on when my budget allows it.
The lipsticks are very much worth the price. It's satin but the longevity is comparable to the mattes. Plus the scent is very mild not too overwhelming. Try it you'll never gonna regret it! ;)

sarabeautime

I see, well here I paid 50 € ( instead of 60 ) but 76 $ is a lot, what to decide ? If it helps it is beautiful and it celebrates the Terracotta anniversary. At Sephora there will be few powders available I purchased it at BS another company they told me the same, they will have 2 or 3 (?) only per boutique. I don ´ t know if it will happen in the US as you have much more stock as we do, ok with the exception of Mac Proenza Schouler but otherwise you get a large amount of French luxury brands products. But I fear this all dors not help ? Well what I am supposed to say ;) ? Go for it !
Wow, it only costs 60 eur there? Here it will be 65 eur :-( 50 eur is such a steal, do they have more, maybe you can grab one for me ;-)

Dominique33

I had a 10€ coupon, so I paid 50 €. But the price was initially 60 €. I'll have to check at Sephora I purchased it at BS in fact. Maybe it's a bit less at Sephora, I don't know but I'll tell you via PM if you want :) The collection has not launched yet officially I mean, Dior has just been launched but not Guerlain so far I know. The Terracotta perfume is 57 € ( at BS ), but I am broke after my Dior haul and today the Guerlain powder, I didn't purchase it !

Starlight77

Yes, I posted some pics a while ago. It's so pretty to look at, but I really don't need it, so I will have to resist the enabling. Well, and because of the price.
girlhaha.gif

But I've fallen in love with swatches of the Rouge G Galiane; I've never tried a Guerlain lip product before, but I'm planning to get this at some point. Depending on when my budget allows it.
ooo see so I can blame you for wanting it all this time. (just kidding)

i really really want guerlain georgia or geraldine. it's hard for me to get one because if i love it i'm doomed.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Stop the presses----we definitely need ElegantOne in on this. I think she could use more blush. She can't possibly have enough
after the 4 new Diors & 2 MAC PSs.

It's GORGEOUS----right up her alley.

lol.gif
Oh no don't go Naynadine. We love your company here too!
wavey.gif
Hello & Cheers Charisma
drinkup.gif

Yes, Naynadine graced us with pics long ago----she got us warmed up & primed for purchase!
nanaparty.gif

They should give you one for all the sales you've spurned.
pompom.gif

I think I put one more on my wish list

Which one are you lemming?
lol.gif
I'm totally innocent.
angelic.gif
OK, maybe not...

I want #15 Galiane, the nude one from the new shades. Guerlain lispticks didn't tempt me in the past, because the colours are all too pink or too red for me, none was really standing out to me. But Galiane looks perfect!

Starlight77

@Starlight77, Geraldine is such a beautiful pink! Did you notice its' number is 77, as in Starlight77. That's my BD 7/7.
I'm thinking it's a sign!
icon_eek.gif
girlhaha.gif
i know it's sooo pretty. it seems hard to find or not available yet. can't tell. i was waiting for sephora to get it but i've been waiting forever. i have a 10% off there.

77 i didn't notice that. ahhh now i need it more. i wish i could swatch it in person. saks has it but the color it shows is incorrect so i was sketchy on buying it there but all the colors are that purple. i started wanting that purple after staring at it so long so i ran away
girlhaha.gif

Dominique33

i really really want guerlain georgia or geraldine. it's hard for me to get one because if i love it i'm doomed.
LOL doomed ?
sigh.gif
Let's go : I don't have Georgia but I do have Géraldine. It's a lovely, to pink lipstick in fact. Pigments are good but the texture is not so rich as in Rose Grenat or Gladys. It's easy to wear, bright but not overwhelming at all. I think the Rouges G contain garnet powder... hence the price. To my knowledge Tom Ford and Clé de Peau lipsticks are more expensive, the Rouges G are pricey too, worth having a Rouge G, only one is enough it is truly beautiful.

Starlight77

Stop the presses----we definitely need ElegantOne in on this. I think she could use more blush. She can't possibly have enough

lol.gif
wavey.gif
Hello & Cheers Charisma
drinkup.gif

Yes, Naynadine graced us with pics long ago----she got us warmed up & primed for purchase!
nanaparty.gif

pompom.gif

lol.gif
I'm totally innocent.
angelic.gif
OK, maybe not...

I want #15 Galiane, the nude one from the new shades. Guerlain lispticks didn't tempt me in the past, because the colours are all too pink or too red for me, none was really standing out to me. But Galiane looks perfect!
it looks really pretty. i love pink. i have so many pink lipstick that one would think i'm insane but to me, they are all different. another i liked was gina but i wouldn't wear it as often. i have 1 red. i've never worn it but i've swatched it a whole lot
fluffy.gif

Dominique33

lol.gif

wavey.gif
Hello & Cheers Charisma
drinkup.gif

nanaparty.gif

pompom.gif

This is called enabling, isn't it ?
lolz.gif

Starlight77

LOL doomed ?
sigh.gif
Let's go : I don't have Georgia but I do have Géraldine. It's a lovely, to pink lipstick in fact. Pigments are good but the texture is not so rich as in Rose Grenat or Gladys. It's easy to wear, bright but not overwhelming at all. I think the Rouges G contain garnet powder... hence the price. To my knowledge Tom Ford and Clé de Peau lipsticks are more expensive, the Rouges G are pricey too, worth having a Rouge G, only one is enough it is truly beautiful.
i'd be doomed because i'd want more and more if i love it. Do you know of another lipstick that geraldine is similar to compare? my favorite pinks are chanel dedicace (don't know number) and Dior 361 rose baiser. oh i should have bought chanel fleurie :( :( :( still regret it. but i like that range of pink. my computer is horrible with color so i have to guess. i think it may be too bright for me. georgia looks more muted. gonna have to go to saks. its just hard to lug 2 kids to swatch lipsticks. they get antsy and i can't blame them.

Medgal07

lol.gif
I'm totally innocent.
angelic.gif
OK, maybe not...

busted.gif

I checked out Galiane and it's beautiful.
eyelove.gif
It's had to find a perfect nude so if this is the one----
th_happy1.gif
----you MUST have it!!!!

Dominique33

i'd be doomed because i'd want more and more if i love it. Do you know of another lipstick that geraldine is similar to compare? my favorite pinks are chanel dedicace (don't know number) and Dior 361 rose baiser. oh i should have bought chanel fleurie :( :( :( still regret it. but i like that range of pink. my computer is horrible with color so i have to guess. i think it may be too bright for me. georgia looks more muted. gonna have to go to saks. its just hard to lug 2 kids to swatch lipsticks. they get antsy and i can't blame them.
I don't think Géraldine is that unique but no other lipstick comes to my mind in fact. I don't own Chanel Dédicace but it's a bright and delicate pink if I remember well.

Nars Roman Holiday
Guerlain Géraldine
Chanel Le Baiser ( close to Géraldine but the texture is very different )
Guerlain Rose Grenat

I hope this is helpful :)