Guerlain discussion

Audrey C

This bronzer is very light, it's closest and almost identical to Tarte's Park Avenue Princess matte bronzer just a little lighter. I'ts completely matte and I LOVEEEEEEEEEE ITTTTTTTTT!!!
Whohooooo! So happy to hear that you like it and that it's not too dark for fairer skin tones. I'm darker than you but some have posted that it's really best for medium skin tones and up. Sounds like this is one of the rare cases where there's a product that works well from fair skin tones to WOC!
choochoo.gif

What do you think of the blush shades? Tell me everything…mine won't come through Borderfree and arrive until next week (I'm guessing).
crybaby.gif

Dominique33

This bronzer is very light, it's closest and almost identical to Tarte's Park Avenue Princess matte bronzer just a little lighter. I'ts completely matte and I LOVEEEEEEEEEE ITTTTTTTTT!!!
Very pretty ! I think this bronzer is versatile and buildable, very nice for fair skins but still very good for darker skins too. It's soft, and that packaging, so GORGEOUS ! I have it but I haven't tried it yet, the weather is very bad here ( rainy and chilly ), and... I don't want to brush the sun lol
girlhaha.gif

Starlight77

Quote: Originally Posted by Audrey C

Whohooooo! So happy to hear that you like it and that it's not too dark for fairer skin tones. I'm darker than you but some have posted that it's really best for medium skin tones and up. Sounds like this is one of the rare cases where there's a product that works well from fair skin tones to WOC!
choochoo.gif

What do you think of the blush shades? Tell me everything…mine won't come through Borderfree and arrive until next week (I'm guessing).
crybaby.gif

first off it has this amazing smell. The pink is very light when swatched just one swipe but extremely buildable. The orange is a little more powdery and easier to build up but once applied it's not powdery it's just messy to pick up on a brush. The bronzer is very buildable so i think it would be great for many skin tones, for me 1-2 swipes is perfect. it's very hard to get around the sun with a brush and i don't feel like brushing it away yet it's too pretty LOL I like how you can add a bit of bronzer to the blushes and change the shades easy. i swatched the blushes pretty hard and they didn't mix up into the other shades. you can feel the high end of Guerlain instantly when i compare it to NYC, MAC and some others. i love it. My first reaction was all finger swatches, it's way more pigmented using a brush. I've been building up the bronzer to see how dark it goes and it's going pretty dark. i could contour with it for sure with ease. it's all matte (besides the sun) but even with the little bit of the sun it's a pretty shimmery not an overly disco ball look. it's very elegant. i love it. my tarte park avenue is too dark for me but it's in a blush palette so i can't swap/sell it. The same with laguna (in blush palette). it's pretty close to NYC Sunny swatches but you can feel the world of difference in texture.
love.gif
it blends effortlessly and is easy to use.

updating: orange is not powdery at all. it just just the crap brush i used.

Starlight77

Very pretty ! I think this bronzer is versatile and buildable, very nice for fair skins but still very good for darker skins too. It's soft, and that packaging, so GORGEOUS ! I have it but I haven't tried it yet, the weather is very bad here ( rainy and chilly ), and... I don't want to brush the sun lol
girlhaha.gif
i agree, it's definitely buildable now that i'm playing with it more. it looks a lot darker in that picture because i had to build them up to show in my lighting. it's just so pretty and the packaging is even nicer in person. i will try it on later for sure when the baby wakes up.

Medgal07

lol.gif

I understand! It's such a fabulous blusher. It goes shimmery warm peach on me (when all mixed together)... just gorgeous.
I'm so excited to use it! I've just been ODing on Guerlain lately, and with the exception of the Terracotta Bronzer brush I have been beyond pleased.

elegant-one

i also received the Shiseido rs306 lipgloss for free with it as a Sephora freebee. OMG in love. next purchase i think. it's very cheap packaging. i hope the real ones are better quality. Code: MWUAH it's still available
I LOVE that shade too! Darn, I just placed another order & forgot to do that code...crap

Starlight77

i also received the Shiseido rs306 lipgloss for free with it as a Sephora freebee. OMG in love. next purchase i think. it's very cheap packaging. i hope the real ones are better quality. Code: MWUAH it's still available
I LOVE that shade too! Darn, I just placed another order & forgot to do that code...crap
can you call and have them add it? if i order again, i can get you one. i love it. it's so pretty, i'd totally buy the full size too

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I just got my full site of the Pearl Meteorites from Nordies
cry.gif
it looks like half of it is just powder??? Is this normal?
Oh no :/
Half of it? No. There's usually a little bit of powder underneath, but definitely not half of it. Can you take a pic?

Monsy

Oh no :/
Half of it? No. There's usually a little bit of powder underneath, but definitely not half of it.
I agree
there should be a little bit of the powder on the bottom
although i've read that the new ones have much more powder than the old ones

Dominique33

cry.gif
So sorry for you Elegant. The Pearl Météorites have a bad reputation here... Few météorites in the pan, only 25 % positive feedback on Sephora.fr. Return it asap, I would do that Elegant.

Audrey C

cry.gif
That can't be right - I'd send them back. They shouldn't be that fragile. That's too bad. :(

BTW, T's review is up on the Sun Celebration Bronzer; I'm so glad I ordered itt. She's given the bronzer portion a low grade because it applies lightly, but I prefer that so I'm happy.

I was just about done talking myself into the new Joli Teint foundation for the summer when I saw that the third ingredient is alcohol. Alcohol does not do good things for my skin; it invariably triggers more oil production. I used Clinique Clarifying lotion off and on from my mid-teens until my early 40s; it took me ages to realize that reaching for it when my skin was getting oilier in the summer wasn't helping, but making it worse. The search for a deeper summer blush continues; maybe I should just try the next shade up in my Bobbi Brown BB cream.

Monsy

my perles. i love them. none of them has a lot of powder just tiny bit on the bottom but barely noticeable.

Dominique33

Its kind of hard to tell the depth of the powder in the pictures but...

And the container is only half full to begin with
huh2.gif

:( One Customer says the same on Sephora.fr, I've just checked that out. Return it Elegant and if I were you, well I wouldn't buy again. Guerlain has gorgeous products and powders but those ones are not, obviously.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
So maybe the reformulated ones really aren't as good as the previous ones? I know they are more expensive and content less product, but I haven't heard of the ''powder issue'' until now.
Maybe you can hunt down hunt the previous version somewhere if you really want them.

Dominique33

Another Customer says that the Two Faced powder ( heart-shape " météorites " ) is even better ! 4 reviews and only one is good, the 3 others are bad ( just checked that out ). The pressed version is so good, and the previous regular Météorites powder. The new formula, better forget I think in my opinion.