Guerlain discussion

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'm so jealous!! I don't think I've ever seen Guerlain on sale over here and I missed out on both Cruel Gardenia and Parure de Nuit.
crybaby.gif
The Spring lipsticks are still available just about everywhere here- I don't think they sold very well.

Dominique33

In fact Cruel Gardenia is still available in France but we have to order it (shipping within 10 days ), price is 50,50 €. It's not at a Sephora counter but at Beauty Success ( BS ), a more traditional beauty concept ( smaller ). Parure de Nuit is part of the Christmas collection, I don't think they still have it. I got the information today from BS !

sampantha7

I went shopping today to check out a department store's sale and OMG, Guerlain had so many things half price! They even had some Cruel Gardenia and Parure de Nuit (the highlighter with the peacock feather pattern). I was so tempted to pick up another Cruel Gardenia, but I already have two, lol. I did pick up a Parure de Nuit as I didn't want to mess up the one i have, so now I have a back up/one to use. I also got a Parure Aqua foundation in 03 Beige Naturel which is my summer shade, a Rouge G in 75 Rose Barbare, and two Terracotta Blush & Sun bronzing blushes, all half price! They had loads of Terracotta glosses, bronzers, the holiday Meteorites, eyeshadows, Vol de Nuit (the shimmer powder spray), Rouge G lipsticks, some of the 4 colour blushes, etc., all half price. I love Guerlain for this, there is no other high end brand that has sales like this. By the way, I'm wearing the coral nail polish today and it's really nice. Very bright, almost neon, a perfect summer shade. The formula's lovely, applies really well, although unfortunately it has already chipped on me. I have to say, the base coat was already a day old when I applied the nail polish on top, so maybe that's why. Everything chips on me within 48 hours sadly.  
Woah, that's crazy! I wish we could have sales like that here in the US! :)

Miss QQ

I went shopping today to check out a department store's sale and OMG, Guerlain had so many things half price! They even had some Cruel Gardenia and Parure de Nuit (the highlighter with the peacock feather pattern). I was so tempted to pick up another Cruel Gardenia, but I already have two, lol. I did pick up a Parure de Nuit as I didn't want to mess up the one i have, so now I have a back up/one to use. I also got a Parure Aqua foundation in 03 Beige Naturel which is my summer shade, a Rouge G in 75 Rose Barbare, and two Terracotta Blush & Sun bronzing blushes, all half price! They had loads of Terracotta glosses, bronzers, the holiday Meteorites, eyeshadows, Vol de Nuit (the shimmer powder spray), Rouge G lipsticks, some of the 4 colour blushes, etc., all half price. I love Guerlain for this, there is no other high end brand that has sales like this. By the way, I'm wearing the coral nail polish today and it's really nice. Very bright, almost neon, a perfect summer shade. The formula's lovely, applies really well, although unfortunately it has already chipped on me. I have to say, the base coat was already a day old when I applied the nail polish on top, so maybe that's why. Everything chips on me within 48 hours sadly.  
Enjoy! Guerlain has done some sales over here too once in a while, but the discount is not as much as 50% and only on certain items like lipsticks. katred - I saw some posts of your cats at your blog. They are so cute!

Ikram

Big news!!!

Saw the Holiday 2012 Guerlain collection.

There will be from what I remember:
Eye/lip palette called Caligraphy ($79 I think)
Pressed Meteorites powder (not sure about this but the price looks like $170). Didnt look very special, has a design of the terracota mosaic bronzers.
Meteorites perles de Dragon
Eyeshadow quint- limited
Gold and purple nail polished

The quint appreared to be in brown family, similar to Les Cuirs

I am excited about the Meteorites pearls. They are in black tin with gold on the top, pretty but nothing comparedd to Pucci. The pearls are white, beige, gold and burgundy red. At least thats how it looked on the pics.

This will be out on at the end of September/ beginning of October.

I think there is a new foundation coming sometimes between fall and holliday collection, but dont quot me on that.

Shypo

Oh, sounds like an interesting collection!! I'm in potentially for the quint and the meteorites!!!

Ikram

Oh, sounds like an interesting collection!! I'm in potentially for the quint and the meteorites!!!
I think I want to collect all their eyeshadow palettess. They are better texture and pigmentation than Chanel and much more fun!
I got lots of compliments from my Guerlain SA as I was wearing Capri quad and she figured that out. My makeup skills are getting better I guess. Love the Capri quad, its great combo.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Big news!!!

Pressed Meteorites powder (not sure about this but the price looks like $170). Didnt look very special, has a design of the terracota mosaic bronzers.
Eyeshadow quint- limited

I am excited about the Meteorites pearls. They are in black tin with gold on the top, pretty but nothing comparedd to Pucci. The pearls are white, beige, gold and burgundy red. At least thats how it looked on the pics.

I think there is a new foundation coming sometimes between fall and holliday collection, but dont quot me on that.
Thanks for the news! I'm curious about the meteorites. A $170 powder is something I can't even afford to think about, let alone buy, but I'll be curious to see what drives that retail.

I'm developing an unhealthy addiction to the shadow quads. I only have three so far, but for some reason, I only started buying them in the last few months. And now that I've started, I can't stop...

Anitacska

The Meteorites sound amazing! Also the nail polishes. I really like the summer ones, especially the purple-blue one. Shame about the Voyage Powder not having a special design, I love the past few years' releases, the butterfly one was my favourite.

MACina

Thank you so much Ikram!

At the moment only the Meteorites Perles Dragon and maybe the pressed Meteorites appeal to me.
I will get Meteorites Perles Dragon for sure...especially the burgundy red perles sound gorgeous!Hope that it is a real deep
burgundy red.

The e/s-Palette might be a skip because I do not wear browns too often.
Big news!!!

Eyeshadow quint- limited

Ikram

There was also gold listick.

I didnt pay attention to the lippies so can't tell more about it.

Anitacska

I will be posting a review of Terra Soleia on my blog, but for now I have swatches for you if you're interested. On the right is the gold overspray swatched by finger, on the left the powder below the overspray swatched with a brush. It is a golden bronzy shade, very pretty.

I have also reviewed several things from the summer collection including the nail polishes, a gloss, Terra Azzurra, the eyeshadow quad and the Meteorites if you want to check out my blog.

Anitacska

On another note, I have just finished my Parure Aqua liquid foundation. Does anyone know how I can prize the cap off to scoop out the remains from the bottle? It doesn't want to come off. I've had the same issue with my Midnight Secret and Meteorites Perles primer, just could not get the cap off. Gave up in the end. :(

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
The holiday collection sounds nice, but like a skip for me. Right now I'm mainly looking forward to the new blushes, I hope we'll see swatches soon!

MACina

I can not wait for these either!!!

And of course for the new Rouge G L`Extrait d`Guerlain
th_drool.gif

The holiday collection sounds nice, but like a skip for me. Right now I'm mainly looking forward to the new blushes, I hope we'll see swatches soon!

Anitacska

My Guerlain counters had lots of Parure Aqua foundation on sale, I wonder if they will discontinue those if there's a new foundation coming out. I've stocked up on shades 02 and 03, 02 is my winter shade, 03 is my summer shade, so I'm good for a while. :)

They also had lots of the existing blushes on sale, so obviously those are being discontinued. I'm excited about the new blushes too as I don't really care for the existing ones, some shades are very light and don't work for me very well and the selection of shades is a bit meh. So yeah, bring on the new ones! :)

I will have to limit myself to just one or two of the new glosses, I have so many glosses, I'm going to be very very selective from now on.

User38

Oh .. I hear ya.. it's frustrating.. only way is to break the bottle.. lol.

seriously, they need to revamp that bottle or dcd the product, which I love and adore.

Anitacska

Actually I worked it out this morning. I took apart the pump and that way created a small hole that I can stick a very small brush through, and try to scoop some of the foundation out. Didn't fancy breaking the bottle, lol.

Oh .. I hear ya.. it's frustrating.. only way is to break the bottle.. lol.

seriously, they need to revamp that bottle or dcd the product, which I love and adore.

Latest posts