Guerlain discussion

cetati

I've been wanting to try the "balls" for such a long time now...I think I'll treat myself to a jar with some Christmas money! I like the newer containers more than previous versions, so that's a plus for waiting I guess, lol.

Spring collection: I need to try that powder! It sound fantastic and I'm such a sucker for an awesome looking compact. I'll pass on the blush (obsessed with Chanel JC's for now for my spendy blushes), but I'm interested in trying a lipgloss or possibly a lipstick (hello, the cases are so James Bond - love it!).

The Meteorites are hard to explain. They give me this really subtle glow and they're definitely beautiful, but I have been putting off taking pictures of them because it's impossible to capture. It glimmers just so and just slightly in the light and it's just... ahh amazing.

mrslid

The Meteorites are hard to explain. They give me this really subtle glow and they're definitely beautiful, but I have been putting off taking pictures of them because it's impossible to capture. It glimmers just so and just slightly in the light and it's just... ahh amazing.
You make that sound so heavenly!!! I'm so "anti-sparkle" for anything on my skin because I feel like nothing looks as artificial as seeing sparkles all over my face when the sun hits it but I've been sticking with my Meteorites because everyone loves them so much that I'm convincing myself that I'm being overly critical and no one else is scrutinizing my skin as closely as I do. Hopefully everyone else just sees the beautiful subtle glow!

Winthrop44

Does anyone know what the release date is for this collection in the US and Canada? Do either the loose or pressed meteorites contain bismuth?

Ingenue

I thought it was January 15... but another site said Feb. 15th... I don't know.

I like the blush a LOT. If that shadow palette is that sheer... I'm going to pass.

bis

I've been wanting to try the "balls" for such a long time now...I think I'll treat myself to a jar with some Christmas money! I like the newer containers more than previous versions, so that's a plus for waiting I guess, lol.

Spring collection: I need to try that powder! It sounds fantastic and I'm such a sucker for an awesome looking compact. I'll pass on the blush (obsessed with Chanel JC's for now for my spendy blushes), but I'm interested in trying a lipgloss or possibly a lipstick (hello, the cases are so James Bond - love it!).

ETA: I want balls for Christmas!
girlhaha.gif

Girl, I swear they make you look glowy, you will glow like the elves in Lord of the Rings. And I also firmly believe that the pressed pearls are a lot less glittery than actuall balls. Tried and tested and made the SA doubt my sanity.

mrslid

I now have Teint Rose, Teint Beige and the new Meteorites from the Holiday collection. I really, really love the scent. And they are so pretty! I've been using them pretty much exclusively to set my liquid foundation and I've been pretty pleased with the results. I don't notice I look special with them on or anything but they do set my makeup nicely. It does still bother me that I can see subtle sparkles on my face but hopefully others are seeing that "glow"
sigh.gif

Camnagem

Girl, I swear they make you look glowy, you will glow like the elves in Lord of the Rings. And I also firmly believe that the pressed pearls are a lot less glittery than actuall balls. Tried and tested and made the SA doubt my sanity.
OMG, I just love you!
friends.gif

How did you know that was exactly what I wanted to hear?!?
sigh.gif

That totally confirmed my decision...Christmas balls will be mine!

bis

OMG, I just love you!
friends.gif

How did you know that was exactly what I wanted to hear?!?
sigh.gif

That totally confirmed my decision...Christmas balls will be mine!
Well, I guess I knew because I would like to hear the same thing and you are very close to me in colouring
girlhaha.gif
friends.gif

Btw, I tested the Christmas balls and wanted to get them, but to me they felt a lot more glittery than the normal balls and especially the pressed powder. Can you try before buy?

mrslid

Hmmm I'm pretty sure I found the Christmas balls to be a bit less shimmery than the regular ones (new regular ones). They are certainly not much different anyways. I know the older regular line meteorites were more shimmery. Definately worth trying them!

mrslid

Oh yeah and I found the testers seem to be more glittery or the brush had a lot of shimmer on it from I don't know where? That is what scared me off for so long but someone told me not to judge by the tester brush so I went ahead and bought them and they were definately better.

bis

Oh yeah and I found the testers seem to be more glittery or the brush had a lot of shimmer on it from I don't know where? That is what scared me off for so long but someone told me not to judge by the tester brush so I went ahead and bought them and they were definately better.
Could be, I preferred the Holiday balls colourwise, but found them too much glitter. Also always depends on the lighting and the general perception.

mrslid

Yes lighting is a huge factor and I know the only place I have access to Guerlain has HORRIBLE lighting. What is with cosmetics stores/counters and horrible lighting?? UGH

Camnagem

Well, I guess I knew because I would like to hear the same thing and you are very close to me in colouring
girlhaha.gif
friends.gif
Btw, I tested the Christmas balls and wanted to get them, but to me they felt a lot more glittery than the normal balls and especially the pressed powder. Can you try before buy?
(I will do just about anything to look like I'm one of the elves from LOTR, lol.)
blush-anim-cl.gif

Thanks to all of you for the info on the balls. I'll be sure to try them out before I purchase them! I'm thinking I will probably want Teint Rose, does that sound right or should I be looking at another color?

mrslid

Yes it is a lot. WAAAYYY too much for a blush. But it would be a nice "collectors piece" LOL. I will use it of course. I won't keep anything I won't use. Ahhh will see. Christmas really hurts the spring collection budget :(

Latest posts